EWR taxi

Old September 23rd, 2003, 06:57 PM
User 1.nospam

Default EWR taxi

Can anyone give a ballpark estimate for cab fare from EWR to Avenel, New
Jersey?

Thanks ahead of time.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 09:12 PM
mrtravel

User 1.nospam wrote:

Can anyone give a ballpark estimate for cab fare from EWR to Avenel, New
Jersey?

You might want to call a taxi company, in case there aren't many people
on this ng that have traveled to this teaming metropolis in a cab

Old September 24th, 2003, 12:09 AM
Mike Cordelli

It will be more then that, Elizabeth is only 4 or 5 miles and it's $20.

"Eric Toline" wrote in message

EWR taxi

Group: rec.travel.air Date: Tue, Sep 23, 2003, 8:12pm (EDT+4) From:
(mrtravel)
User 1.nospam wrote:
Can anyone give a ballpark estimate for cab fare from EWR to Avenel, New
Jersey?

You might want to call a taxi company, in case there aren't many people
on this ng that have traveled to this teaming metropolis in a cab

Avenel looks to be about 10-15 miles south of Newark Airport. I would
guess about $25. It's probably going to be a flat rate deal.

Eric

Old September 24th, 2003, 02:58 AM
S Viemeister

Mike Cordelli wrote:

It will be more then that, Elizabeth is only 4 or 5 miles and it's $20.

I've taken taxis from EWR for about a 10 mile trip - it was $30 the last
time, not including tip. A surprising number of drivers don't seem to know
the area very well, and I have yet to find one who carries a map or atlas
in the car.
Old September 24th, 2003, 02:38 PM
TMOliver

S Viemeister vented spleen or mostly
mumbled...

Mike Cordelli wrote:

It will be more then that, Elizabeth is only 4 or 5 miles and it's
$20.

I've taken taxis from EWR for about a 10 mile trip - it was $30 the
last time, not including tip. A surprising number of drivers don't
seem to know the area very well, and I have yet to find one who
carries a map or atlas in the car.

There used to be some "shuttle vans" which operated to/fm some
communities/areas (identifiable by much lettering on side and front,
sometimes seemingly by hand) which were considerably cheaper than taxis,
and providing door to door service to most addresses in their area of
service. A reservation (and finding a name/phone number can be
challenging) is usually advisable on this sort of transport.

TMO
Old September 24th, 2003, 02:50 PM
S Viemeister

TMOliver wrote:

There used to be some "shuttle vans" which operated to/fm some
communities/areas (identifiable by much lettering on side and front,
sometimes seemingly by hand) which were considerably cheaper than taxis,
and providing door to door service to most addresses in their area of
service. A reservation (and finding a name/phone number can be
challenging) is usually advisable on this sort of transport.

I haven't noticed those - I'll keep that in mind for possible future use.

Old September 24th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Mike Cordelli

You can start over at

http://panynj.gov/aviation/egtsfram.htm

for a list of the companies.

Old September 24th, 2003, 07:33 PM
S Viemeister

DALing wrote:

oh, THEY know the area, they just hope YOU DON'T ;-)

In NYC, that can be the case (and I've had to insist on correct routes
being taken in Manhattan - just because I don't have a NY accent, doesn't
mean I don't know the area!) but the taxis from EWR are flat rate - it
makes sense for them to get me where I'm going as quickly as possible, so
that they can go back and soak another traveller.