Four Season Ocean Residences

Old July 12th, 2005, 10:27 PM
E.k.R.

Default Four Season Ocean Residences

Four Season Ocean Residences now has a working website. This ship will
operate under the same philosophy as The World of Residensea, except the
ship will be entirely residential with no weekly cruise rentals.

A nicely detailed deck plan is also available.

Lets all pick out our new homes!

Go to:
http://www.oceanresidences.com/ODG/execute/index

Ernie

Old July 12th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:27:47 -0400, E.k.R. wrote:

Four Season Ocean Residences now has a working website. This ship will
operate under the same philosophy as The World of Residensea, except the
ship will be entirely residential with no weekly cruise rentals.

A nicely detailed deck plan is also available.

Lets all pick out our new homes!

Go to:
http://www.oceanresidences.com/ODG/execute/index

Ernie

You know, Ernie, like condos and timeshares and other once aberrant
ownership schemes, this is going to work some way, somehow. There had to
be a pioneer to take the first arrow to the head and that was ResidenSea et
al.

I have seen the Paul Guagin in this scenario and other ships, this is a new
build, correct?
--
"The free society willingly provides the tools that the dictatorship needs
to control it later."
Old July 12th, 2005, 11:21 PM
E.k.R.

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message

I have seen the Paul Guagin in this scenario and other ships, this is a
new
build, correct?

Yes, brand new. Of course the ship won't even be built unless a certain
percentage of these "residences" are pre-sold. I'm not certain what that
percentage is.

Four Seasons is touting this ship as more exclusive than Residensea, mainly
because they have learned from the mistakes that Residensea made, and no
units will be for "rent" on a weekly basis.

Ernie

Old July 12th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:21:20 -0400, E.k.R. wrote:

Yes, brand new. Of course the ship won't even be built unless a certain
percentage of these "residences" are pre-sold. I'm not certain what that
percentage is.

Part of the financing scheme.

Four Seasons is touting this ship as more exclusive than Residensea, mainly
because they have learned from the mistakes that Residensea made, and no
units will be for "rent" on a weekly basis.

Ernie

I'm not sure I see the difference in fractional ownership and weekly
rentals unless the preponderance of pax are weekly time/fractionshares.

Any idea as to cost?
Old July 13th, 2005, 03:27 AM
E.k.R.

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
I'm not sure I see the difference in fractional ownership and weekly
rentals unless the preponderance of pax are weekly time/fractionshares.

Any idea as to cost?

On Residensea, there are quite a few standard cabins (not residences or
suites) that can be booked by anyone wishing to take a luxury cruise. These
are sold through a travel agent just like a luxury cruise on Silversea or
Seabourn. Apparently having these short-stay cruise passengers onboard
somehow detracts from the luxury of the people that actually purchased
residences onboard. From what I have heard, the weekly cruise passengers
are the only thing that brings some life to Residensea as the other rarely
leave the confines of their private residence. In any case, Four Seasons
will have no "cabins" for rent .... just the full-time residences and
possibly fractional ownership as well.

As to cost, I have no idea. I believe Residensea started at well over a
million and up for the lowest priced residence (30-40 year ownership I
believe).

Ernie

Old July 13th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:27:11 -0400, E.k.R. wrote:

[...]

But it's an apples to oranges comparison, Ernie, Hubby has a fractional
with NetJet and BluestarJet (not applicable here), the cost of which is a
relative % of the overall purchase, operating and maintenance. If they
follow the same formulas, these cabins could be between 10 - 20% of the
build cost. If a berth costs $250,000, 2x for associated costs, divide by
52 weeks, well you get the drift.

I sent for the info, will let you know if they accept a top heavy woman.

I didn't see anything about ownership in the sense of title or deed, maybe
I missed that. But who would want that anyway unless there is a tax reason
considering all ships eventually end up like the SS Norway for one reason
or another.