Should I buy American dollars?

Old December 16th, 2003, 08:51 AM
motoyen

Default Should I buy American dollars?

I'm leaving from Canada soon on a RTW trip. With the Canadian dollar
being so strong should I buy as much as I can and use that money on
the road? I am thinking that the USD will have more buying power than
the CDN and with a year or so the CDN$ may not be as high. Thoughts?
Old December 18th, 2003, 07:39 AM
SportChick

I know people who did that last year, expecting to hold a stronger currency.
However, the USD continued falling against other currencies, and they told
me later that they would have had 30% more money had they held onto their
own currency and converted it when they needed. It's a gamble...you have to
decide what risks you are willing to take.

om...

Old January 31st, 2004, 06:23 AM
Scott Reithaug

My parents are RVing in the states and they said that they heard the US was
going to raise interest rates and that should drive the US up.

Scott
"Edwardseco" wrote in message
In article ,
(motoyen) writes:

I am thinking that the USD will have more buying power than
the CDN and with a year or so the CDN$ may not be as high.

Have you read the news about the falling US dollar? Speculation is not
investment.
edwardseco