Port Everglades Help

Old April 23rd, 2008, 11:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
grossbea

Default Port Everglades Help

Folks,

I know this has been asked hundreds of time on this Board, but I never paid
much attention until now - when I'm in need of advice :-). Thanks in
advance to any and all who might furnish info.

We're looking for a decent hotel to use the night before we depart on the
Zuiderdam on Nov 19. We plan to arrive late on the 18th, just need a place
to crash. Hopefully a shuttle service to and from the airport and Port
Everglades, and a breakfast (or restaurants within walking distance) among
hotel amenities.

Like I said, any advice will be gratefully accepted.

AG in Baltimore

Old April 24th, 2008, 07:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

"grossbea" wrote in message

Folks,

I know this has been asked hundreds of time on this Board, but I never
paid much attention until now - when I'm in need of advice :-). Thanks in
advance to any and all who might furnish info.

We're looking for a decent hotel to use the night before we depart on the
Zuiderdam on Nov 19. We plan to arrive late on the 18th, just need a
place to crash. Hopefully a shuttle service to and from the airport and
Port Everglades, and a breakfast (or restaurants within walking distance)
among hotel amenities.

Like I said, any advice will be gratefully accepted.

AG in Baltimore

Sheraton Yankee Trader (or whatever it may be called these days) is
within walking distance of fine restaurants, deli, and coffee shop.
Free shuttles are available from airport and to cruise port. It's not
very far to the cruise port so if you are in a hurry you can always take
a cab to the cruise port. If your sail date is on a Sunday, you won't
have to worry about traffic. Aside from the beaches (and most locals
walk there) the town is almost like a ghost town.

Just north of the Yankee Trader bounded by the inland waterway is a
"village" of Bed & Breakfast establishments plus Boutique Hotels. Some
have a minimum 3-day policy while others can accommodate an overnight stay.

You can get the lay of the land by browsing http://sunny.org

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old April 27th, 2008, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
papajim[_2_]

On Apr 23, 6:45 pm, "grossbea" wrote:
Folks,

I know this has been asked hundreds of time on this Board, but I never paid
much attention until now - when I'm in need of advice :-). Thanks in
advance to any and all who might furnish info.

We're looking for a decent hotel to use the night before we depart on the
Zuiderdam on Nov 19. We plan to arrive late on the 18th, just need a place
to crash. Hopefully a shuttle service to and from the airport and Port
Everglades, and a breakfast (or restaurants within walking distance) among
hotel amenities.

Like I said, any advice will be gratefully accepted.

AG in Baltimore

We have stayed @ ecnolodge on US 1 @ SR 528 3 or 4 times they have no
suttle but they have a free full breakfast. Its not a 5star hotel but
it is a place to sleep
Old April 28th, 2008, 03:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gregory C. Read[_2_]

"papajim" wrote in message
On Apr 23, 6:45 pm, "grossbea" wrote:
Folks,
Hopefully a shuttle service to and from the airport and Port
Everglades, and a breakfast (or restaurants within walking distance)
among
hotel amenities.

Like I said, any advice will be gratefully accepted.

AG in Baltimore

We have stayed @ ecnolodge on US 1 @ SR 528 3 or 4 times they have no
suttle but they have a free full breakfast. Its not a 5star hotel but
it is a place to sleep

I would not judge the hotel by it's shuttle to the port or airport. No
matter where you stay in the area, the cab fare is quite reasonable. Just
make sure they use the meter.
--
Greg