Best agencies for Nepal and Bhutan ??

Old August 27th, 2008, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
tile

Default Best agencies for Nepal and Bhutan ??

I am starting to plan my visit to these two states

who can recommend me a serious Agency ??

thanks

Old August 27th, 2008, 04:07 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

"tile" kirjoitti
in.it...
I am starting to plan my visit to these two states

who can recommend me a serious Agency ??

While you are waiting for meaningful answers, I suggest that you re-phrase
your question so that your expectations could be met. What kind of agencies
have you in mind.

Old August 27th, 2008, 04:15 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
tile

Markku Grönroos wrote:
"tile" kirjoitti
in.it...
I am starting to plan my visit to these two states

who can recommend me a serious Agency ??

While you are waiting for meaningful answers, I suggest that you
re-phrase your question so that your expectations could be met. What
kind of agencies have you in mind.

an Agency that could offer

7 days in Bhutan ( I understand it is possible to go to Bhutan only paying
150 dollars a day per person.. for hotels plus plus plus)
14 days in nepal
visiting the most important monuments.

Old August 28th, 2008, 06:20 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

"tile" wrote in message
Markku Grönroos wrote:
"tile" kirjoitti
in.it...
I am starting to plan my visit to these two states

who can recommend me a serious Agency ??

While you are waiting for meaningful answers, I suggest that you
re-phrase your question so that your expectations could be met. What
kind of agencies have you in mind.

an Agency that could offer

7 days in Bhutan ( I understand it is possible to go to Bhutan only paying
150 dollars a day per person.. for hotels plus plus plus)
14 days in nepal
visiting the most important monuments.

I believe the Bhutan fee has been raised to US$200 per day.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old August 28th, 2008, 06:34 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
geno.y

On Aug 27, 9:20 pm, "grusl" wrote:
"tile" wrote in message

Markku Grönroos wrote:
"tile" kirjoitti
in.it...
I am starting to plan my visit to these two states

who can recommend me a serious Agency ??

While you are waiting for meaningful answers, I suggest that you
re-phrase your question so that your expectations could be met. What
kind of agencies have you in mind.

an Agency that could offer

7 days in Bhutan ( I understand it is possible to go to Bhutan only paying
150 dollars a day per person.. for hotels plus plus plus)
14 days in nepal
visiting the most important monuments.

I believe the Bhutan fee has been raised to US$200 per day.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

to may knowledge it's $165 per day for off season (July & Aug) the
rest of the year it's $200 a day. There is also a surcharge for groups
under 3 people. For 2 people traveling together they charge $30 per
day per person.

Geno
Old August 28th, 2008, 06:43 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

"geno.y" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 9:20 pm, "grusl" wrote:
"tile" wrote in message

Markku Grönroos wrote:
"tile" kirjoitti
in.it...
I am starting to plan my visit to these two states

who can recommend me a serious Agency ??

While you are waiting for meaningful answers, I suggest that you
re-phrase your question so that your expectations could be met. What
kind of agencies have you in mind.

an Agency that could offer

7 days in Bhutan ( I understand it is possible to go to Bhutan only
paying
150 dollars a day per person.. for hotels plus plus plus)
14 days in nepal
visiting the most important monuments.

I believe the Bhutan fee has been raised to US$200 per day.

to may knowledge it's $165 per day for off season (July & Aug) the
rest of the year it's $200 a day. There is also a surcharge for groups
under 3 people. For 2 people traveling together they charge $30 per
day per person.

Maybe that's what I read. By the way, to the OP, Nepal is much easier. It
might be cheaper to organize something in Kathmandu.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old August 28th, 2008, 09:03 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
tile

grusl wrote:
"geno.y" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 9:20 pm, "grusl" wrote:
"tile" wrote in message

Markku Grönroos wrote:
"tile" kirjoitti
in.it...
[...]

OK thank you very much
as I am mainly interested in monuments and places of cultural interest
could you possibly suggest how to spend 15 days in Nepal and 7 days in
Bhutan ?
and the cheapest way to reach Nepal from Europe ( germany/Holland and so
on )

Old August 28th, 2008, 11:12 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

"tile" wrote in message
grusl wrote:
"geno.y" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 9:20 pm, "grusl" wrote:
"tile" wrote in message

Markku Grönroos wrote:
"tile" kirjoitti
in.it...
[...]

I'm not a backpacker type but I really enjoyed Kathmandu. (Bring a torch;
there isn't much electricity). The Thamel backpacker area should have
appalled me; instead I found it fascinating. The city is quite walkable - I
stayed in the Shangri-La (not related to the luxury chain) which is close to
the centre.

The taxi drivers are utter, utter thieves if you pick them up on the street;
at the hotel the doormen would threaten not to call them anymore if they
cheated me and then asked me how much I paid when I returned.

The Old City is remarkable (I'm an architecture fan, but not terribly
interested in the underlying religious symbolism). The mediaeval city of
Patan is definitely worth a visit - just get a taxi from Kathmandu or hop on
a bus. That's pretty much all I saw in my long weekend but I do plan to go
back soon and see Bhaktapur - the other mediaeval city near Kathmandu - and
more outlying areas.

The local cuisine is sensational, although it helps if you like Indian
food - and meat - a bit. "Buff" is essentially beef, supposedly from
bufflaoes thus non-sacred. I don't know how to get there from Europe: I flew
9W BLR-CCU then IC CCU-KTM. QR flies there from DOH if that's any help.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old August 28th, 2008, 11:22 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
tile

Thank you very much.

I will revert to you in case of need
I am not the backpacker type either..

Like to sleep well and eat decently
having lost 15 months of my life in the Army for National Service. I think I
had enough of sleeping badly and eating slop.

Yes there are two of us. 165 dollars per day per person in Bhutan is kind of
a high price to pay. but for a week I can survive.
thank you

grusl wrote:
"tile" wrote in message
grusl wrote:
"geno.y" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 9:20 pm, "grusl" wrote:
"tile" wrote in message

Markku Grönroos wrote:
"tile" kirjoitti
in.it...

Old August 28th, 2008, 11:43 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Gerald Oliver Swift

and the cheapest way to reach Nepal from Europe ( germany/Holland and so
on )

The local cuisine is sensational, although it helps if you like Indian
food - and meat - a bit. "Buff" is essentially beef, supposedly from
bufflaoes thus non-sacred. I don't know how to get there from Europe: I
flew 9W BLR-CCU then IC CCU-KTM. QR flies there from DOH if that's any
help.

Try Air Arabia. You can get a return ticket from Istanbul to Kathmandu (via
Sharjah) for about 500 Euros.
Amsterdam---Istanbul will cost you peanuts with Corendon.

Gerry