Americans panicking again..................

Old February 3rd, 2004, 09:02 PM
Vitaly Shmatikov

Default Americans panicking again..................

In article ,
Sjoerd wrote:

You missed the biggest irony in all of this. Sjoerd, who whines in
every second post how he wouldn't be able get married in the US, is
not married in Holland, either.

So a person can not be in favour of a certain freedom without exercising
that freedom himself?

There is a difference between being in favor of a certain freedom
and complaining about one's inability to exercise it. To give you
a specific example, I am in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage,
but, unlike you, I am not whining that I cannot marry a person of the
same sex in the US - because even if such marriage were available,
I wouldn't take advantage of it.

Men can not be in favour of abortion rights?

Men can be in favor of abortion rights, but men cannot complain that
*they* can't get an abortion.

You are even more stupid than I thought.

You cannot grasp the distinction between supporting an abstract right
and complaining that you personally cannot exercise it, even though
you have no intention of doing so. This is hardly indicative of *my*
stupidity.

You also deleted half of my post. So, are business class tickets to
Elbonia at 9250 euro a pop part of ``modest middle class affluence,''
above which ``everything must be taxed away?'' In a ``decent country,''
should people be allowed to spend 9250 euro for a ticket?

Old February 3rd, 2004, 09:08 PM
Dick Locke

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:56:39 +0100, "Sjoerd"
wrote:

"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht
The sad thing is that there were probably people watching his remarks and
they'll take them as gospel, as though a speech writer sets foreign

policy.

In the US under Bush, that's basically true. Did you see Bush stumble again
when he was talking about the WMD investigation, unable to finish even one
sentence by heart?

Sjoerd

http://homepage.mac.com/webmasterkai...nestdubya.html

(Even if you like Bush, listen to the "Peeance Freeance" speech.....

Old February 3rd, 2004, 09:24 PM
Sjoerd

"Vitaly Shmatikov" schreef in bericht
In article ,
Sjoerd wrote:

[...]

I have never complained that I can not marry in the USA. I complained that a
legal resident of the USA can not bring his/her same-sex partner to the USA.

This is hardly indicative of *my*
stupidity.

You also deleted half of my post. So, are business class tickets to
Elbonia at 9250 euro a pop part of ``modest middle class affluence,''
above which ``everything must be taxed away?''

I have a job that I need to do and there are costs associated with that job
that my boss is willing to pay. Just like the garbage collectors in this
city just got a EUR 280,000 new van. People have the right to work with
proper equipment.

In a ``decent country,''
should people be allowed to spend 9250 euro for a ticket?

Of course. People should be allowed to do with their money as they please.
It is when they are exploiting others that the government needs to step in
and tax away the exploitation profits.

Sjoerd

Old February 3rd, 2004, 10:33 PM
starwars

Default J F panicking again..................

snowy squirrel , the latest Mezei trolling alias, trolled:

U.S. intelligence first identified a stream of tractor-trailer trucks
moving
from Iraq to Syria to Lebaon in January 2003. The significance of this
sighting did not register on the CIA at the time.

And a stream of tractor trailers can be seen to travel between Windsor Ontario
and Detroit Michigan, as well as Oshawa Ontario. Must be WMDs. Couldn't
possibly be car parts, fruits, vegetables, canadian bacon.

So, whoopty-doo, US spy satellites were able to take a polaroid of a bunch of
trucks on a highway.

And they hired some graphic designer to "build" some fantasy truck which was
shown in Powell's powerpoint presentation to the UN, where he claimed this was
a WMD factory on wheels. Then, early in the war, the USA claims they have
found the truck, and it is exactly as it was portrayed to the UN. Only problem
is that the USA dismantled the truck completely before the media could get to
it.

Americans have the right to believe their lying president. But they should not
expect the rest of the world to believe them.

I bet you're wearing your tin foil hat right now. . . .

Old February 3rd, 2004, 10:45 PM
alohacyberian

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht
The sad thing is that there were probably people watching his remarks and
they'll take them as gospel, as though a speech writer sets foreign

policy.

In the US under Bush, that's basically true. Did you see Bush stumble again
when he was talking about the WMD investigation, unable to finish even one
sentence by heart?

Sjoerd

LOL! Right out of Articles #49 and #30 of the Leftwing Liberal Handbook! You
go, girl! KM

#49 If you don't agree with the points of others, under no circumstances
should you present a rational counter argument or discuss the issue itself
when it is much more effective to call people liars and cast aspersions on
their veracity. This is also effective if a person makes a mistake, don't
overlook or excuse the error or admit there was a possiblity of a mistake -
call them liars ferociously, unless it's a petty sideline mistake that will
help you construct smoke and mirrors, in that case see Article #30 above.

#30 Whenever possible, if you hear or read something that seems quite logical
and might influence someone against the Leftwing Liberal viewpoint, be sure
to pounce on the exception or some tiny, inconsequential irrelevancy, such as
the misspelling, poor punctuation or mispronunciation of a word, unusual
facial expression, article of clothing or some morsel of arcane trivia or
irrelevant minutae in an attempt to derail the conversation into petty
bickering replete with name-calling and personal slurs. [Use of the "F" word
is particularly effective, especially when combined with prepubescent
profanity and puerile posturing.]
~ The Official Leftwing Liberal Handbook
~ http://alohahawaii.home.att.net/leftwing.html
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old February 3rd, 2004, 10:45 PM
alohacyberian

wrote:
"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht
The sad thing is that there were probably people watching his remarks

and
they'll take them as gospel, as though a speech writer sets foreign

policy.

In the US under Bush, that's basically true. Did you see Bush stumble

again
when he was talking about the WMD investigation, unable to finish even one
sentence by heart?
Sjoerd

http://homepage.mac.com/

(Even if you like Bush, listen to the "Peeance Freeance" speech.....

LOL! Right out of Article #52 of the Leftwing Liberal Handbook!
Congratulations for being so predictable! KM

#56 When asked to give citations, sources or support for your propaganda, you
can do one of 4 things: Use secondary sources which supposedly give "expert"
Leftwing Liberal opinion on the primary sources when they're not ignoring
them, taking phrases out of context, twisting their words or perverting their
meaning; make an official-looking, bogus website (provided you know someone
who knows how to make one and is also literate enough to write without a
spell check) with the fake "facts" you've presented; refer them to a
propaganda site that may or may not support your claims or the third and
preferred solution is to give them the URL of an official or universally
accepted website and claim vehemently that the so-called information you've
invented, created or faked is from that website though anyone who looks won't
find it there.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 10:45 PM
alohacyberian

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
alohacyberian wrote:
All right dearie, if you think all the weblogs in Iraq are fabricated by
the Pentagon

I think it's fair to wonder whether they represent a self-selected group of
west-leaning people who are more comfortable with the internet and writing
in English.

miguel
--

Then, go to Iraq and see for yourself. Or do you think only select groups of
pro-Americans will talk to you. Fear not, no one would expect you to become

Old February 3rd, 2004, 10:45 PM
alohacyberian

LOL! Yes, great point. Then again, the old Sjoerdfish is trying to adhere to
Double Standards as required by Article #55 the Leftwing Liberal Handbook.

#56 You must always vociferously and incessantly point out that the reason
any conservative's failing is always major news is that it allows liberals to
engage in their very favorite taunt: "Hypocrisy!" Hypocrisy is the only sin
that really inflames us Leftwing Liberals and, of course, only applies to
others because Liberals can always invoke the time-honored Double Standard.
Inasmuch as Leftwing Liberals have no moral principles, we can sit back,
march, or otherwise create a ruckus as we criticize other people for failing
to meet the standards that liberals simply renounce. It's an intriguing
strategy. By openly admitting to being philanderers, draft dodgers, liars,
weasels and cowards, liberals avoid ever being hypocrites. Remember,
admission that morals and ethics are passe always gets you off the hook -
but, do not hesitate to point out the immorality or unethical behavior of
people who don't agree with Leftwing Liberals.
~ http://alohahawaii.home.att.net/leftwing.html
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect
to CNN news, NBA, the White House, Academy Awards or learn all
about Hawaii, Israel and mo http://keith.martin.home.att.net/
"Vitaly Shmatikov" wrote in message
In article ,
alohacyberian wrote:

Yes, this is the same intellectual blank cartridge that sings the praises

of
Cuba and Vietnam while bashing America and Americans just because the

U.S.A.
wouldn't let his homosexual husband come live with him in the U.S.

You missed the biggest irony in all of this. Sjoerd, who whines in
every second post how he wouldn't be able get married in the US, is
not married in Holland, either. What else do you expect from a guy who
preaches that everything about ``modest middle class affluence'' should
be taxed away, and then spends 9250 euro (of other people's money,
naturally) on business class tickets to some turd-world ********?
With such a mix of arrogance and hypocrisy, he ought to be in French
government instead of wasting his time on Usenet.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 10:45 PM
alohacyberian

"BCS" wrote in message
In article
,
"alohacyberian" wrote:

It is not the failure to turn up the weapons which was the massive
intelligence failure. The failure has been in believing that we had
evidence that they existed in the first place! It is not surprising

that
other 'evidence' involving Iraq is more likely to be suspect than
'compelling'.

Yeah, it's ridiculous to believe that Saddam really had the weapons of

mass
destruction that he bragged incessently about having. Yes, it's assinine

believe he had the weapons of mass destruction he used on Iran. And

further
silly to believe Saddam really had the weapons of mass destruction he

used on
the Kurds. And its absurd to believe Saddam really had the weapons of

mass
destruction he used on his own people.

That's a fair assessment when you consider the fact that Saddam's WMD
facilities and stocks were almost completely dismantled or destroyed
under international scrutiny in the period 1991-97, and the main issue
in the post-monitoring period was whether he had re-built any of it. As
it stands today, there is no evidence he had rebuilt any of it.

If you really believe that, you haven't been keeping abreast of the latest
developments. KM

Old February 3rd, 2004, 10:45 PM
alohacyberian

"Sjoerd" wrote in message
"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht

LOL! I suppose some of your best friends are American!

Indeed. How did you know?

Sjoerd

Leftwing Liberals are extemely predictable, that's all. Gee, you've inspired
me to add yet another Article to the Official Leftwing Liberal Handbook. For
that, you'll get more than a free toaster. If you're a homosexual, you're
eligible to receive an elephant-sized vibrator from the Leftwing Liberal
Looney Liberty Lifestyle Catalogue; if you're an Islamofascist you can get
matching 24 carat gold-plated hand grenades or Bulgarian Body Bombs, the list
goes on and you're name has been put into the grand prize drawing on Mayday!
KM