Americans panicking again..................

Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:38 AM
alohacyberian

Default Americans panicking again..................

"john" wrote in message
On 2 Feb 2004 21:04:04 GMT, Bert Hyman wrote:

Americans should wake up from this nightmare and realise that it has
been made
far worse by the Bush regime that it really was.

If you're an American, I assume you've forgotten that all those pesky rules
came from the United States Department of Transportation. If you'll recall,
the Secretary of Transportation, Norman Mineta, was a holdover from the
Clinton Administration and is a Democrat. I'm sure George Bush has many times
rued the day he let his bonhomme get the best of him when he re-appointed
Mineta.

According to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), in November and
December of 2001, du soley to security precautions that treated Texas
cheerleaders no differently from Saudi men, 30 airport terminals were
entirely evacuated, passengers on 434 flights were ordered off their planes
for rescreening, 1,180 flights were delayed, 464 flights were cancelled and
15 flights were diverted to alternative destinations. [Matthew L. Wald,
"Effort to Cut Flight Delays Is Put Off", _New York Times_, November 25,
2001]

in December of 2001, Norman Mineta sprang to action by ordering the airlines
to engage in random shoe checks. According to the _New York Times_ there was
no discerible patter in the choice of passengers targeted for aggressive
footwear examination.

In early December of 2001, CBS' _Sixty-Minutes_ host Steve Kroft interviewed
Secretary of Transporation, Norman Mineta, about his approach to securing the
airlines from terrorist attack. Kroft observed that of twenty-two currently
on the FBI's most wanted list, "all but one of them has complexion listed as
olive. They all have dark hair and brown eyes. And more than half of them
have the name Mohammed." [Steve Kroft, "That Dirty Little Word 'Profiling';
Pros and Cons of Profiling Arab-American Men at Airports After the September
11th Attacks," _60 Minutes_, CBS News, December 2, 2001] Thus, Steve Kroft
asked Norman Mineta if airport security shoujld give more scrutiny to someone
named, "Mohammed" -- "just going down a manifest list: Bob, Paul, John,
Frank, Steven, Mohammed." The Secretary of Transportation said, "No." In
fact, Mineta was mystified by Kroft's question, asking him, "Why should
Mohammed be singled out?" KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:38 AM
alohacyberian

"Carolyn Whitten" wrote in message
Sjoerd wrote:
"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht
You obviously haven't been keeping up with the news:

Case for Iraq War Stronger Than Ever

delete fabricated lies

You must be quite desperate to post this crap, Aloha.

Notice that "Sjoerd" cannot refute one thing.

It's not Sjoerd's style to rebut issues; he'd prefer to ignore the message
and attack the messenger in the vain hope that no one will notice he didn't
say anything. He got the ploy from Article #22 of the Leftwing Liberal
Handbook. KM

22. You must always ignore the message and attack the messenger. When stuck,
remember the tactic that won't reveal to other Leftwing Liberals your
inability to think or say anything original.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 05:34 AM
Miguel Cruz

alohacyberian wrote:
The real and undeniable "connection" between Saddam and 9/11 was the
presence of US troops on Saudi soil.

Let me try to follow this logic.

1. Saddam attacks Kuwait.

2. US puts troops in Saudi Arabia.

3. Al Qaeda gets upset, attacks USA.

4. The solution is therefore to attack Saddam.

Mind-boggling.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old February 3rd, 2004, 05:41 AM
Don Howe's Ass

"Don Howe" wrote in message

Subject: Americans panicking again..................
From: Dave Proctor
Date: 2/2/2004 11:11 AM

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:16:08 GMT,
(The News
Guy(Mike)) wrote:

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 07:28:40 +0100, "Sjoerd"
wrote:

Abdellah Abbassi, left his carry-on bag behind

In light of world events it sounds like a reasonable precaution to me.

Of course, as would a search of the bag to ensure there was no
hazardous material in it. Once it was verified that there was no
hazardous material, they should have been allowed to continue. The
PIC's action of ordering the rest of the party off the plane was
completely over the top though, and is yet another example of yank
over-reaction - again.

Dave

"Yank over-reaction"? This is nothing new....its been going on for the

last
20+ years I have travelled....and "Yanks" certainly don't have a corner

on
the
market. For many years luggage lockers in train stations and airports

were
left
empty throughout Europe for fear of terrorism. Seems the "Yanks" may

have
leanred their tactics from watching Europe. Try the same stunt in any

part
locale ETA is active in Spain.....anywhere in Eastern

Europe.....Asia.....S & C
American.....and you will get identical "over-reaction."

______

The Jews have harvested 60+ years of world wide sympathy and millions of
dollars from the Holocaust.

The Yanks are using 9/11 which is but a drop in the bucket compared to the
Holocaust's years of horror to get on the bandwagon. Plain and simple!

Your probably plain,but definitely simple.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:03 AM
Miguel Cruz

alohacyberian wrote:
"Gregory Morrow" wrote:
And a big majority of Iraqis are mighty glad we are there....

And they'll be glad until the day they die.

....later this week.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:06 AM
devil

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 05:34:02 +0000, Miguel Cruz wrote:

alohacyberian wrote:
The real and undeniable "connection" between Saddam and 9/11 was the
presence of US troops on Saudi soil.

Let me try to follow this logic.

1. Saddam attacks Kuwait.

2. US puts troops in Saudi Arabia.

3. Al Qaeda gets upset, attacks USA.

4. The solution is therefore to attack Saddam.

Mind-boggling.

Really?

Just politics as usual, I would say.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:08 AM
devil

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:49:45 +0000, Gregory Morrow wrote:

DALing wrote:

you must be either ignorant or blind to ignore facts, too. The premise

may
have been in error, but the result is that one major dictator is defunct.

And a big majority of Iraqis are mighty glad we are there....

Really? Where do you get that idea from?

I suspect this is about as far from reality as it was in Vietnam.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:10 AM
Miguel Cruz

devil wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
alohacyberian wrote:
The real and undeniable "connection" between Saddam and 9/11 was the
presence of US troops on Saudi soil.

Let me try to follow this logic.

1. Saddam attacks Kuwait.
2. US puts troops in Saudi Arabia.
3. Al Qaeda gets upset, attacks USA.
4. The solution is therefore to attack Saddam.

Mind-boggling.

Really?
Just politics as usual, I would say.

For me, the mind-boggling part was that someone with opposable thumbs and no
apparent developmental impairment would propose it as a connection
justifying Bush's course of action.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:25 AM
alohacyberian

"Don Howe's Ass" your a loon.com wrote in message
"Don Howe" wrote in message

The Jews have harvested 60+ years of world wide sympathy and millions of
dollars from the Holocaust.

The Yanks are using 9/11 which is but a drop in the bucket compared to

the
Holocaust's years of horror to get on the bandwagon. Plain and simple!

You're probably plain,but definitely simple.

"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
~ Oscar Wilde

Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:25 AM
alohacyberian

news
DALing wrote:

you must be either ignorant or blind to ignore facts, too. The premise

may
have been in error, but the result is that one major dictator is

defunct.

And a big majority of Iraqis are mighty glad we are there....

Really? Where do you get that idea from?

I suspect this is about as far from reality as it was in Vietnam.

I suggest you go to some of the Iraqi Weblogs and read their words for
yourself. Or better yet, go to Iraq and speak directly to them. KM

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof
against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting
ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
~ Herbert Spencer