Birdsville Track

Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:19 AM
Ross

Default Birdsville Track

Has any one traversed the Birdsville Track recently?

What are the current road conditions?

Ross

Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:09 AM
SteveS

Join the forum at http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Default.asp and ask the
question. The ExploreOZ web site may also give you the answers.
www.exploreoc.com.au

From their web which was updated last weekend, this is what they say

Birdsville and Surrounds

Our thanks to Karsten & Wolfgang at Birdsville Studio for updates to
this section.
Birdsville Track

Open, caution of wheel rutting.
Inside Track
Closed
Birdsville Development Track

(This is the track to Birdsville from Windorah via Beetoota from the
East).
Open

Very stony over the gibbers so take care on corners (do not break on
corners). Locals recommend soft tyre pressures to increase traction and
reduce stone fractures. eg. run 4-6psi lower than normal recommended bitumen
pressures. ie. 28psi for tubeless 16" that would normally run at 32psi.

Eyre Developmental Road
(This is the track to Birdsville from Boulia via Bedourie from the
North)
Open.

SteveS

Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:12 AM
SteveS

Sorry, got a web site wrong

www.exploreoz.com

SteveS

"SteveS" wrote in message
Join the forum at http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Default.asp and ask the
question. The ExploreOZ web site may also give you the answers.
www.exploreoc.com.au

From their web which was updated last weekend, this is what they say

Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:12 AM
SteveS

Sorry, got a web site wrong

www.exploreoz.com

SteveS

"SteveS" wrote in message
Join the forum at http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Default.asp and ask the
question. The ExploreOZ web site may also give you the answers.
www.exploreoc.com.au

From their web which was updated last weekend, this is what they say

Old August 23rd, 2004, 11:50 AM
A Mate

I was out there two weeks ago. Birdsville Track is open and trafficable by
2wd cars; as are the Birdsville - Windorah, and Birdsville - Bedourie roads.
There are deep ruts on some creek crossings, and care needs to be taken on
the stony crossings in particular. The other major hazard are 4wds towing
caravans, not all of whom understand the need to slow down when approaching
other vehicles on stony roads!!!

Old August 24th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Ross

Thanks for that.

Any information on the Plenty/Donohue Highway?

Ross

u...

Old August 24th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Frank Slootweg

Ross wrote:
Thanks for that.

Any information on the Plenty/Donohue Highway?

Same (ExploreOz) site:

http://www.exploroz.com/infopages/RoadConditions_NT.asp
and
http://www.exploroz.com/InfoPages/Ro...itions_QLD.asp

and (for the Plenty):

http://www.roadreport.nt.gov.au/

I don't have a similar site for QLD, but I'm sure there is one.