Christmas in SYdney

Old November 2nd, 2003, 11:07 PM
Karin Høgh

Default Christmas in SYdney

Hi

We arrive in Sydney wednedsday Dec 24th, and would like to know:

What are the opening hours around Christmas - eg. Pitt Str. Mall and Food
Hall - how late the 24th - is it open 25th and 26th of December???

And how about busses like Bondi Explorer, do they run on Christmas day??

I have been surfing and mailing around, haven´t found anything.

Hope to hear from you

and maybe also som good ideas for Christmas day lunch-places...

Kind Regards

Karin

Old November 3rd, 2003, 03:59 AM
Daniel Bowen

"Karin Høgh" wrote in message
k...
We arrive in Sydney wednedsday Dec 24th, and would like to know:

What are the opening hours around Christmas - eg. Pitt Str. Mall and Food
Hall - how late the 24th - is it open 25th and 26th of December???

I can't give you specifics, but in general in Australia you'll find most
shops close on the 24th around 5 or 6pm - even if normally they'd be open
later. You'll find almost everything closed on Christmas day (apart from
convenience stores etc), on the 26th (Boxing Day) shops that are normally
open all weekend will generally re-open.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au

Old November 3rd, 2003, 05:13 AM
Ian S

"Karin Høgh" wrote in message
k...
| Hi
|
| We arrive in Sydney wednedsday Dec 24th, and would like to know:
|
| What are the opening hours around Christmas - eg. Pitt Str. Mall and Food
| Hall - how late the 24th - is it open 25th and 26th of December???
|
| And how about busses like Bondi Explorer, do they run on Christmas day??
|
| I have been surfing and mailing around, haven´t found anything.
|
| Hope to hear from you
|
| and maybe also som good ideas for Christmas day lunch-places...
|
| Kind Regards
|
| Karin
You should get plenty of links and ideas from
here............................Have a great time.

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/
Ian S...........

Old November 4th, 2003, 02:44 AM
4000 psi

why boxing day?

(Boxing Day) shops that are normally

Old November 4th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Geodyne

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:44:01 -0800, "4000 psi"
wrote:

why boxing day?

(Boxing Day) shops that are normally

Why the name, or why are the shops open?

Shops in Sydney city (especially the Pitt St Mall area) reopen on
Boxing Day for the annual Christmas sales - which is a bit of a
misnomer really, as there are sales year-round these days. Not all
shops will be open, but the major department stores will be, so you
can count on the food court beneath Grace Bros to be open that day,
although it will be quite crowded.

Suburban shops will be closed on Boxing Day and reopen on the 27th.

Geodyne