United Airlines vs Quantas Which has most legroom and best service?

Old December 21st, 2005, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Default United Airlines vs Quantas Which has most legroom and best service?

Can anyone from experience tell me :
United Airlines vs. Qantas Which has most legroom and best service?

For travel from the US to Australia.

Old December 21st, 2005, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Default United Airlines vs Qantas Which has most legroom and best service?

"ritter197" wrote in message
Can anyone from experience tell me :
United Airlines vs. Qantas Which has most legroom and best service?
For travel from the US to Australia.

Presume you're talking about economy (cattle) class.
Seat pitch (legroom) the same - quite mediocre at 31 inches. Qantas is
rated overall as a 4 star airline, United is a 3 star by Skytrax (see
www.airlinequality.com) You can find plenty of comments/reviews on that
site as well, and more detail on how the airlines rate in terms in
catering/checkin/onboard services etc..

David Bennetts
Australia

Old December 21st, 2005, 10:19 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Air NZ!!

And I'm not a Kiwi!!

But you'd have to go through Auckland.

Old December 21st, 2005, 02:23 PM posted to news.software.readers,rec.travel.australia+nz

Default [OT] Plain text *plus* HTML isn't "in hmtl" (was: United Airlines vs Quantas [sic] Which has most legroom and best service?)

Henry wrote:
ritter197 wrote:

[quote of multipart/alternative plain/html posting deleted]

Please don't post to usenet in html.

ritter197 didn't post (just) "in html". He (?) posted multipart/
alternative with, as it should, *first* the *text/plain* part and then
the text/html part.

Doesn't MacSOUP know how to handle MIME postings?

If not, then you might want to look for something 'better', especially
because you run OS X, i.e. a UNIX-like OS.

If you want more help, then please ask in the news.software.readers
newsgroup (to which I have crossposted and set followups). AFAIK, there
are some MacSOUP users in that group.

FYI, my newsreader, tin, is also a text-only (i.e. not HTML)
newsreader, but it can display ritter197's posting just fine, because,
as it *should*, it just displays the text/plain part and ignores the
*alternative* text/html part.
Old December 22nd, 2005, 04:21 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:38:59 +1100, "David Bennetts"
wrote:

[...snipped...]

Hi David - I want to email you, I am presuming the usual spambait
removal techniques apply - can you confirm this?

Cheers,

Dave
Old December 22nd, 2005, 04:36 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Dave Proctor wrote in
:

wrote:

[...snipped...]

Hi David - I want to email you, I am presuming the usual spambait
removal techniques apply - can you confirm this?

Cheers,

Dave

You might find this site helpful:

http://www.seatguru.com/index.php

Petra

Old December 22nd, 2005, 05:26 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:36:33 GMT, Petra wrote:

Dave Proctor wrote in
:

wrote:

[...snipped...]

Hi David - I want to email you, I am presuming the usual spambait
removal techniques apply - can you confirm this?

You might find this site helpful:

http://www.seatguru.com/index.php

I was thinking more along the lines of http://www.flyertalk.com/ - and
specifically, the Qantas forum, although the "Australia & South
Pacific" forum might also be helpful as a place to visit and post.

=====================

Dave

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Old December 22nd, 2005, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

news
wrote:

[...snipped...]

Hi David - I want to email you, I am presuming the usual spambait
removal techniques apply - can you confirm this?

Cheers,

Dave

Dave

Just remove the -nospam

Regards

David Bennetts

Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:55 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

If you fly via SFO on Air NZ, you will get the new 777, which will provide
more leg room than United or Qantas, but AKL-MEL will be on the much smaller
Airbus 320.