Cruise or train

Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:15 PM
jb

Default Cruise or train

My wife and I are retireing next June and we want to go out in style. Right
now our choices are ...

Take a cruise to Europe (England, Germany, etc) ... leaving NY
FOr this I need to know if there are any such cruises and about how
much should we budget?

Or

Taking a train ride out west ... (sleeping in a bedroom) ... We will be
traveling west of the Mississippi.
For this ... I would like some input on ... is Canadian rail
comparable (in price and comfort) to Amtrak?

We need to leave in late June and return no later than early August.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice.

jb

Old September 24th, 2003, 09:51 PM
tgreen

JB-

I think the cruise option sounds great but I don't have any experience
with taking a train out west so you may want to investigate that
further. In terms of cruises, take a look at the Orbitz website. I
recommend them because I have had luck with them in the past in terms
of good prices for the times I want to travel. If you click on
cruises and enter your preferences (destination, time of travel, etc)
it comes up with multiple options. It seems like you can choose from
selections that have stops in Italy, Greece, Russia, England, etc. for
a really reasonable price. Good luck with your search, and please let
me know how it works out for you. Sounds like you guys know how to
kick off retirement in style!