Do any Low-Cost Airlines serve Strasbourg, Fra?

Old April 17th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Javaman

Default Do any Low-Cost Airlines serve Strasbourg, Fra?

I'm trying to find out the best/fastest/easiest way to get
from Amsterdam to Strasbourg and then to Munich,
but can't seem to find any website that can tell me
if any budget airlines serve Strasbourg.
Any hints or suggestions?
Thanks!

Old April 17th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Javaman

"Wolfgang Schwanke" wrote in message
news

http://www.strasbourg.aeroport.fr/
has complete schedules into/out of Strasbourg.

http://www.applefares.com/
http://www.openjet.com/

find budget flights only, Europe wide.

Danke sehr, Wolfgang!
I'm interested in the "AlsaceExel" airline, but can't find any way
(or website) to find out about prices or booking.

Old April 17th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Michael

"Javaman" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out the best/fastest/easiest way to get
from Amsterdam to Strasbourg and then to Munich,
but can't seem to find any website that can tell me
if any budget airlines serve Strasbourg.
Any hints or suggestions?
Thanks!

Ryanair used to fly to Strasbourg, but the European Commission ruled that
the deal they had with the airport was illegal, so they had to stop
(protecting Air France's "right" to charge high airfares). Ryanair now fly
to Baden I believe.

Old April 19th, 2004, 06:24 PM
nhampton

"Michael" wrote in message ...
"Javaman" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out the best/fastest/easiest way to get
from Amsterdam to Strasbourg and then to Munich,
but can't seem to find any website that can tell me
if any budget airlines serve Strasbourg.
Any hints or suggestions?
Thanks!

Ryanair used to fly to Strasbourg, but the European Commission ruled that
the deal they had with the airport was illegal, so they had to stop
(protecting Air France's "right" to charge high airfares). Ryanair now fly
to Baden I believe.

I know Ryan air flies to Basel switzerland which is just south of Strasbourg.
Old April 19th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Mike

"nhampton" wrote in message
om...
"Michael" wrote in message

"Javaman" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out the best/fastest/easiest way to get
from Amsterdam to Strasbourg and then to Munich,
but can't seem to find any website that can tell me
if any budget airlines serve Strasbourg.
Any hints or suggestions?
Thanks!

According to www.cheap0.com there are no budget airlines currently flying
to/from Strasbourg. It might help you find alternatives?

Mike

Old April 19th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Traveller

"nhampton" wrote in message
om...
"Michael" wrote in message

"Javaman" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out the best/fastest/easiest way to get
from Amsterdam to Strasbourg and then to Munich,
but can't seem to find any website that can tell me
if any budget airlines serve Strasbourg.
Any hints or suggestions?
Thanks!

Ryanair used to fly to Strasbourg, but the European Commission ruled

that
the deal they had with the airport was illegal, so they had to stop
(protecting Air France's "right" to charge high airfares). Ryanair now

fly
to Baden I believe.

I know Ryan air flies to Basel switzerland which is just south of

Strasbourg.

Wrong. *EasyJet* fly to Basel. The nearest airport to SXB that FR serve is
Karlsruhe Baden (around 38km from Strasbourg).

Also, BSL is a good 100km south of Strasbourg.

Old April 20th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Javaman

"Mike" wrote in message

According to www.cheap0.com there are no budget airlines currently flying
to/from Strasbourg. It might help you find alternatives?

Thanks for the link, Mike. I've never seen this website before!