Internet Cafe Survey

Old March 18th, 2008, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air
messianic light

Default Internet Cafe Survey

I have been an Internet Consultant since 1995, and in 1996 I thought
of a name for an Internet Cafe which I wrote on a piece of paper and
posted to myself, I found the letter the other week after 12 years and
I am now in the process of setting up an Internet Cafe in a cafe in my
hometown, my goal is to have one such Internet Cafe in every Capital
City in the world

I would just like to know how often you use Internet Cafes when
travelling?

and how much is charged, and whether you think that the current
charges are fair?

Thanks in advance
Old March 19th, 2008, 06:49 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

messianic light wrote:

I have been an Internet Consultant since 1995, and in 1996 I thought
of a name for an Internet Cafe which I wrote on a piece of paper and
posted to myself, I found the letter the other week after 12 years and
I am now in the process of setting up an Internet Cafe in a cafe in my
hometown, my goal is to have one such Internet Cafe in every Capital
City in the world

I would just like to know how often you use Internet Cafes when
travelling?

and how much is charged, and whether you think that the current
charges are fair?

I don't go to them. The coffee is usually bad.
I think you are a little late getting into the game.
It might work for you locally, but a chain of them in capital cities all
of the world is a bit too much to hope for. It really a lot of hassle
dealing with all of the red tape involved in maintaining a single
business in another country. It's a lot of time and effort for what
really wouldn't be that profitable, if at all.
Old March 19th, 2008, 11:09 AM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black

"messianic light" wrote in message
I have been an Internet Consultant since 1995, and in 1996 I thought
of a name for an Internet Cafe which I wrote on a piece of paper and
posted to myself, I found the letter the other week after 12 years and
I am now in the process of setting up an Internet Cafe in a cafe in my
hometown, my goal is to have one such Internet Cafe in every Capital
City in the world

I would just like to know how often you use Internet Cafes when
travelling?

and how much is charged, and whether you think that the current
charges are fair?

1. You're late.

2. They charge what the market will stand.

3. The advent of very lightweight, cheap and small laptops (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC ) and free WiFi in every
McDonalds in the world means many travellers will stop using cyber cafes,
especially as there's a widespread belief that they use keystroke loggers to
steal passwords.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old March 20th, 2008, 04:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Larry in AZ wrote:

Waiving the right to remain silent, "Mr. Travel" said:

messianic light wrote:

[...]

Next, he'll be telling us he's got a fabulous idea for a search engine and
he'll call it "Grokkle"...

Or a software company called Mykrosoft
Old March 22nd, 2008, 08:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jason Fisher

They seem to work best in the student areas of capital cities, eg New Cross
in London and Fallowfield in Manchester. Rates are coming down - going rate
is £1 an hour but one or two places do it for 50p an hour.