Visiting New York / Outletstores / concertclubs

Old December 1st, 2003, 01:30 AM
Maik Reuß

Default Visiting New York / Outletstores / concertclubs

Hi
I am planning a trip to New York. Are there any Outletstores ore good places
for shopping?
I want to go to some Musikclubs with Live Bands (Rock/ Hardrock )...
somewhere in Manhatten. Does anyone got a good idea?
Where else DO i have to go in Manhatten? (Not maybe the typical touristic
stuff)

Maik
Sorry about my bad english :-)

Old December 2nd, 2003, 05:58 AM
Pan

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 02:30:31 +0100, "Maik Reuß"
wrote:

Hi
I am planning a trip to New York. Are there any Outletstores ore good places
for shopping?

The big outlet stores are outside of New York. Some people seem to
recommend some place in Secaucus, New Jersey. I don't go to New Jersey
or Long Island to shop, though, and many New Yorkers don't. Instead, I
usually go to Century 21 right across the street from what used to be
the World Trade Center. They sell brand-name clothes, often at very
good prices.

I want to go to some Musikclubs with Live Bands (Rock/ Hardrock )...
somewhere in Manhatten. Does anyone got a good idea?

I think this is probably the best place to find listings of live
music:

http://www.nypress.com/16/48/listings/musiclists.cfm

When you're in New York, just look for the paper New York Press, which
is free. The Village Voice is also free and has good listings.

Where else DO i have to go in Manhatten? (Not maybe the typical touristic
stuff)

What else are you interested in?

But mainly, walk a lot.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.
Old December 3rd, 2003, 08:43 PM
Maik Reuß

Thank you very much!
Maik