Internet Cafe fees on NCL?

Old October 11th, 2003, 09:46 PM
S.

Default Internet Cafe fees on NCL?

Anyone know the fees for the Internet Cafe on Norwegian Cruise Line? =
Going to Hawaii next month and was wondering how much it was to send a =
few emails from the ship. Thanks
Old October 11th, 2003, 10:03 PM
shoreguy

The base rate is $.75 per minute but they offer packages of bulk minutes at
discounts.

om...

Old October 12th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Snoopy

For 250 min it is about $100. They are pretty expensive in my book.
On the DCL, on a 7 day it costs about $100 for unlimited access.

I used my Air Card from my cell company for laptop. Didn't have any
problems except for when we left port.

David

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:03:10 GMT, "shoreguy"
wrote:

The base rate is $.75 per minute but they offer packages of bulk minutes at
discounts.

. com...

Old October 12th, 2003, 12:58 PM
JLeary256

You can buy blocks of time on NCL, I paid about $30 for 50 minutes, BUT they
had several "free" add on minutes. 10 minutes extra if you bought the first
day, 10 minutes if you attended the internet talk, 5 minutes if you bought the
drink of the day etc..
Old October 12th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Al

In article , "S." wrote:
Anyone know the fees for the Internet Cafe on Norwegian Cruise Line? =
Going to Hawaii next month and was wondering how much it was to send a =
few emails from the ship. Thanks

Was $.75 a minute, 100 minutes for 55 dollars, 250 minutes for 100 dollars
Old October 13th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On 13 Oct 2003 22:25:39 GMT, Suzan Zagar
wrote:

I mentioned this to the internet staff, and also pointed
out the DCL $100 flat rate fee, and they really don't seem to care that
offering something similar might increase their computer usage.

Hi Suzan,

FWIW they are salaried employees who get paid the same whether the
computers are busy or not. They probably don't care.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old October 13th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Suzan Zagar

Snoopy wrote:
: For 250 min it is about $100. They are pretty expensive in my book.
: On the DCL, on a 7 day it costs about $100 for unlimited access.

I agree, NCL prices for internet access are extremely expensive. I went on
the Norwegian star in July, and I really expected some unlimited access
deal to be available as I had used the DCL 7 day $100 internet option last
year. You won't be surprised to see the Internet computers unused on the
Norwegian Star. I mentioned this to the internet staff, and also pointed
out the DCL $100 flat rate fee, and they really don't seem to care that
offering something similar might increase their computer usage. Next time,
I will have my internet cell phone!

Suzan