Carnival Takes Top Honors!

Old November 13th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Carnival Takes Top Honors!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Carnival and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

CARNIVAL TAKES TOP HONORS IN PORTHOLE CRUISE MAGAZINE'S
2003 'READERS' CHOICE AWARDS'

MIAMI (11/13/03) - Carnival once again was the big winner in Porthole
Cruise
Magazine's annual "Readers' Choice Awards," taking top honors in 11
different categories - the most awards of any cruise line for the
fifth
consecutive year. Since the awards were introduced in 1999, Carnival
has
won more than 50 Porthole "Readers' Choice" honors - more than any
other
cruise line during this period.
The awards were determined from on-line and mail-in surveys
from
thousands of Porthole readers, who rated cruise lines' various
amenities,
programs and activities. Carnival's 11 "Readers' Choice" awards for
2003
include:
* Best Value For the Money Line
* Best Moderately Priced Line
* Best Alternative Dining Cuisine
* Most Spacious Average Cabin
* Best Children's Program
* Best Entertainment
* Best On-Board Activities
* Best Discos
* Best Short-Duration Cruise
* Best Mega Ship - Carnival Conquest
* Best Party Ship - Fascination

"It's truly an honor for Carnival to be recognized in so many
different
categories for so many years by Porthole readers, who are experienced
and
knowledgeable cruisers," said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and
CEO. "We
strive to provide an unforgettable and quality cruise vacation for our
guests and these awards clearly prove the success of our efforts."
He added, "We're particularly pleased that Porthole readers recognized
Carnival Conquest as 'Best Mega Ship.' The Conquest- and Destiny-class
vessels, in particular, offer a preeminent selection of on-board
amenities
and state-of-the-art facilities to provide the ultimate Caribbean
cruise
experience for our guests. This distinction reaffirms Carnival as the
Number One Choice for Caribbean Cruising, carrying more guests in the
region
than any other line by far."
Commented Bill Panoff, Porthole Cruise Magazine's editor-in-chief,
"Our
readers' recognition of Carnival's outstanding programs and ships
demonstrates that Carnival has created the right formula for an
exceptional
cruise vacation."
Carnival is the largest and most popular cruise line in the world,
with 19
"Fun Ships" operating voyages ranging from three to 16 days in length
to The
Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, the Panama Canal,
Canada, New England and Bermuda. The line currently has three new
ships with
an estimated value of $1.3 billion scheduled to enter service between
now
and 2005.
Porthole Cruise Magazine is one of several publications currently
under The
PPI Group umbrella. The publication is distributed through Warner
Publishing
Services, a division of the media giant Time Warner, and is available
in
specialty bookstores such as Barnes and Noble, and Borders nationwide.
In
addition to its regular distribution, Porthole Cruise Magazine is also
available in all seat backs of every Spirit Airlines flight serving
U.S. and
Caribbean destinations. The publication is also available through
subscription. For additional information on Porthole Cruise Magazine,
please
visit www.porthole.com http://www.porthole.com.

Carnival Cruise Lines is a proud member of the exclusive World's
Leading
Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Holland America
Line,
Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The
Yachts of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a
commitment
to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of
lifestyles
and budgets. Together, we offer an exciting and enriching cruise
vacations
to the world's most desirable destinations.