Non-stop London to Oz?

Old July 26th, 2004, 03:06 PM
fox1

Default Non-stop London to Oz?

This story appeared in http://www.abtn.co.uk

An extract below..

"The Boeing 777-200LR is 90% complete regarding design. What
makes the aircraft really interesting is that it can fly non-stop
from Heathrow to Sydney in 19 hours with 300 passengers, their
luggage and some revenue earning cargo in the hold."

Can't wait until 2007! :-))

--

View my aircraft pictures:
"http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1753"
Old July 26th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Dave Proctor

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:06:22 GMT, fox1
wrote:

This story appeared in http://www.abtn.co.uk

An extract below..

"The Boeing 777-200LR is 90% complete regarding design. What
makes the aircraft really interesting is that it can fly non-stop
from Heathrow to Sydney in 19 hours with 300 passengers, their
luggage and some revenue earning cargo in the hold."

Can't wait until 2007! :-))

Do you REALLY want to sit on an aircraft for 19 hours continuously? 14
hours SIN-LHR and SYD-LAX is bad enough, an extra 5 hours would be
murder (and that is in J).

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/

Old July 27th, 2004, 12:29 AM
David Bennetts

"Dave Proctor" wrote in message

Do you REALLY want to sit on an aircraft for 19 hours continuously? 14
hours SIN-LHR and SYD-LAX is bad enough, an extra 5 hours would be
murder (and that is in J).

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/

Agreed - I'm only too happy when I get off those 14 hour flights. The only
exception was last year's Singapore Airlines flight LHR - SIN when, because
of the SARS scare, there were so few pax that I grabbed the middle row of
four seats in the centre and lay across it. A full jumbo shoehorned into
cattle class can be murder on those lengthy sectors, at least a stop allows
you to get up and walk into the terminal for a stretch and change of
scenery, even if it adds an hour or two to the whole journey half way round
the globe.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old July 27th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Alan

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:29:19 +1000, "David Bennetts"
wrote:

"Dave Proctor" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I agree. In fact, I am attempting to plan a trip at the moment with no
flights at night and none longer than about four hours, using only
one-world carriers.

So far I've got OOL-SYD-DAR-SIN-BKK-MUM-Dubai. Coming back you can't get
around the long 7 hr trek from Honolulu, but it looks like
LAX-HON-NAR-HKK-Denpasar-DAR-BRI-OOL.

Cheers, Alan
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:26 AM
fox1

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 03:53:35 +1000, Dave Proctor
wrote:

Do you REALLY want to sit on an aircraft for 19 hours continuously? 14
hours SIN-LHR and SYD-LAX is bad enough, an extra 5 hours would be
murder

A 2 hour layover is bareable, 4 hours being a bit tiresome..

19 hours non-stop seems excellent..at least one is going
somewhere.. :-)) IMHO

Old July 27th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Dave Proctor

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:12:50 +1000, Alan
wrote:

I agree. In fact, I am attempting to plan a trip at the moment with no
flights at night and none longer than about four hours, using only
one-world carriers.

So far I've got OOL-SYD-DAR-SIN-BKK-MUM-Dubai.

How did you get from Mumbai to Dubai on OneWorld?

Dave

=====