SFO BART Connection

Old April 13th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Lou Minatti

Default SFO BART Connection

I just had a chance to ride BART from SFO for the first time. I know
that a lot of taxpayers are chapped at the billion dollars (?) spent
on it, but as a traveler it was SOOOO NICE to be able to hop on a
train just a few minutes after leaving the terminal and getting
downtown quickly. One question: My wife and I both commented that BART
is just about the loudest train we've ever been on. The below-ground
section between the airport and Daly City was amazingly loud, louder
than any subway we can ever recall riding. Have locals or other
travelers noticed this? Just curious.
Old April 13th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Blake S

"Lou Minatti" wrote in message
om...
I just had a chance to ride BART from SFO for the first time. I know
that a lot of taxpayers are chapped at the billion dollars (?) spent
on it, but as a traveler it was SOOOO NICE to be able to hop on a
train just a few minutes after leaving the terminal and getting
downtown quickly. One question: My wife and I both commented that BART
is just about the loudest train we've ever been on. The below-ground
section between the airport and Daly City was amazingly loud, louder
than any subway we can ever recall riding. Have locals or other
travelers noticed this? Just curious.

BUT, as a traveler it was always fairly cheap, convenient, and USUALLY
FASTER to grab Lorries, Pacific, or one of the other shuttles. I still use
the shuttle for the above reasons.

Old April 13th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Ed

"Blake S" wrote in message link.net...
"Lou Minatti" wrote in message
om...
I just had a chance to ride BART from SFO for the first time. I know
that a lot of taxpayers are chapped at the billion dollars (?) spent
on it, but as a traveler it was SOOOO NICE to be able to hop on a
train just a few minutes after leaving the terminal and getting
downtown quickly. One question: My wife and I both commented that BART
is just about the loudest train we've ever been on. The below-ground
section between the airport and Daly City was amazingly loud, louder
than any subway we can ever recall riding. Have locals or other
travelers noticed this? Just curious.

BUT, as a traveler it was always fairly cheap, convenient, and USUALLY
FASTER to grab Lorries, Pacific, or one of the other shuttles. I still use
the shuttle for the above reasons.

It depends where you're going. I commonly take BART from SFO to Union
City. The one-way train fare is $6.85. The cheapest shuttle is $35.
BART is slower, obviously, but MUCH cheaper. If I'm not in a hurry I
always use BART.

Ed
Old April 22nd, 2004, 01:52 AM
Judy

Just wanted to put in a good word for this system since I normally
only post to complain )

Yesterday we rode United from London to SFO and not only did the plane
land on time, we got through customs/immigration/baggage/BART to
Berkeley on the Richmond line in a total of 60 minutes during evening
rush hour. That is ONE HOUR after setting foot off the aircraft and it
cost only $5.50. Thank you UA, US Dept. of Homeland Security, Food &
Ag, SFO, and most especially BART. I also echo the compliments of the
poster who noted the United international check-in desk's proximity to
the BART portal.

not Cranky today