e-ticketing for non-us citizens

Old April 19th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Lana

Default e-ticketing for non-us citizens

Is it possible to buy e-ticket for north american flights for non-us
citizens at any of the secure internet sites?
I'd like to avoid an extra 35 dolars cost i'd have to pay Travelocity or
such simmilar sites for having my ticket internationaly delivered.
Thanks!

Old April 19th, 2004, 11:44 AM
James Robinson

Lana wrote:

Is it possible to buy e-ticket for north american flights for non-us
citizens at any of the secure internet sites?
I'd like to avoid an extra 35 dolars cost i'd have to pay Travelocity or
such simmilar sites for having my ticket internationaly delivered.
Thanks!

I believe a number of airline sites will allow it. Looking at
Southwest's site, as an example, they mention the use of foreign credit
cards.
Old April 19th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Mark Hewitt

"Lana" wrote in message
Is it possible to buy e-ticket for north american flights for non-us
citizens at any of the secure internet sites?
I'd like to avoid an extra 35 dolars cost i'd have to pay Travelocity or
such simmilar sites for having my ticket internationaly delivered.

I did this with American airlines (UK credit card) and it was no problem.

Old April 19th, 2004, 04:21 PM
mtravelkay

Lana wrote:

Is it possible to buy e-ticket for north american flights for non-us
citizens at any of the secure internet sites?
I'd like to avoid an extra 35 dolars cost i'd have to pay Travelocity or
such simmilar sites for having my ticket internationaly delivered.
Thanks!

Have you tried buying directly from the airlines' websites?

Old April 19th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Graham Harrison

Some airlines allow it, some don't. However, you friendly, local, travel
agency should be able to do it for you. If you go that route you should
also avoid the 10% government tax included in most US domestic fares (not
the extra bits you see in the tax box) and you might find that using a
"VUSA" fare (which is only available to non residents) is a benefit.

--
*****
*****The "return to" address embedded in this mail is wrong as an antispam

Old April 21st, 2004, 07:33 AM
Lana

Thank you everybody for the info!
I'll be sure to try to local agencies now, didn't even consider they might
be cheaper.
And, of course, i am sure the direct air companies will be more than happy
to accept my money:-)

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message ...