Train from Malaysia to Bangkok,, anyone have info?

Old December 23rd, 2003, 06:42 PM
Bill

Default Train from Malaysia to Bangkok,, anyone have info?

My friend and I want to use our FF miles with Northewest air for free
trip to Bangkok. in Jan 2004, But thay are booked up till after march
2004.. But have flights to Malaysia.. Was thinking of taking train
from Malaysia to Bangkok Thailand. Any one know how long (time) it
takes,,the cost, And any advice.
Old December 23rd, 2003, 07:14 PM
Ann

Hi Bill

Take a look at this:
http://www.ktmb.com.my/

Regards
Ann
(who is going to Malaysia in January:-)

om...

Old December 23rd, 2003, 07:46 PM
Kris

Very comfortable bus KL-Penang about 6-7 hours or so. Extremely
comfortable sleepertrain Penang-Bangkok would be about 24 hours,
second class sleeper around 24 US$.

Kris

Old December 23rd, 2003, 11:49 PM
Miguel Cruz

Kris wrote:
Very comfortable bus KL-Penang about 6-7 hours or so. Extremely
comfortable sleepertrain Penang-Bangkok would be about 24 hours,
second class sleeper around 24 US$.

You could also take the overnight sleeper from KL to Penang, spend a little
time there, and then join the train onward to Bangkok.

It's a long trip overland, so breaking it up is nice if you have the time.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old December 25th, 2003, 03:57 AM
Miguel Cruz

Jan wrote:
How much time do you have in total for your trip?.
If you have to fly home from KL, to save time. you could fly back from
Bangkok to JB using Air Asia.Then Bus up to KL- They've got some really
good flight deals if you book early enough.

Wow, fabulous news about AirAsia flying to Bangkok. I was wondering if/when
that was going to happen. Now, if they can get the KUL-BKK route...

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old December 25th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Jan

Miguel Cruz wrote:
Jan wrote:
How much time do you have in total for your trip?.
If you have to fly home from KL, to save time. you could fly back
from Bangkok to JB using Air Asia.Then Bus up to KL- They've got
some really good flight deals if you book early enough.

Wow, fabulous news about AirAsia flying to Bangkok. I was wondering
if/when that was going to happen. Now, if they can get the KUL-BKK
route...

miguel

Have you checked out their JB-BKK fare yet ?? Its unbelievable, and I used
to think MAS was cheap!!
Yes It would be so useful if there was a KL-BKK flight- pref before March
next year- would suit me!!
Merry Xmas
Jan

---

Old December 25th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Jan

Ernst K. Locker wrote:
"Jan" wrote:
Have you checked out their JB-BKK fare yet ?? Its unbelievable, and
I used to think MAS was cheap!!

Sorry, what does JB stand for?

Johor Bahru-- near to Singapore

Jan