Tim Tams now in Canada

Old November 6th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Geoff Rait

Default Tim Tams now in Canada

In , "Michelle" wrote:

It was $3.29 for a pack of eleven. ..."

Reported at "around $4.50 a pack" at a Safeway here in Calgary.

Get thee to the supermarket!

Enjoy!

Geoff

--
Actually, I do have spots.
Old November 7th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Raffi Balmanoukian

in article , Michelle at
wrote on 11/5/03 11:17 PM:

"Raffi Balmanoukian" a
wrote in message
news:BBCF1AE5.1D4A9%walkabout@TAKEOUTTHETRASHTOREP LY.ns.sympatico.ca...
in article
,
at

wrote
on 11/5/03 4:52 PM:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 05:23:29 +1100, Dave Proctor
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 22:55:42 GMT, Not the Karl Orff
wrote:

For those of you Australians who have relatives/friends in Canada
wanting you to get them Tim Tams, fear not. Campbell Soup has seen

fit
to market them in Canada. I've seen them in Superstores (same owners,
the Westons, as Loblaws and Extra Foods). They're not called Tim Tams
but some generic name. Same brown package with the Arnott
parrott/rosella logo. Made in Australia. Not cheap however, CAd
4-something for a standard-sized package.

Oh good - another location to do the "Tim Tam Suck" (need a large mug
of coffee to do it though).

And do they have the dark chocolate version?

Dave

One online store was advertising 4 types [?flavours].
Do they come in 4 types/flavours?

Cath

WOO-HOO! THERE'S A SUPER (SUPER, SUPER!) STORE JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM

ME -
what's the generic name, please - I usually skip the candy aisle (my

friend
Johnny Labatt does quite enough for the Aussie football 8-)) but for this
would make an exception - however, since I'm in the boonies, asking for

"our
version of Tim Tams" would only result in some pimply-faced McDonald's
reject saying, "uh, dunno, don't think we have dem...."

OK, Raffi, you owe me for this. I did a DejaNews search and came across
this:

"...Mr. Jeanes and I were doing a little food shopping at the Loblaw's last
night, and in the meat section we encountered a large basket containing
packages of what were labeled 'Arnott's Original Chocolate Biscuits'. It
went on to claim that they were 'The most irresistable chocolate
biscuit'. After a second pass and again looking at the picture of what
appeared to be a Tim Tam, I was convinced to buy them and see what they
were like.

Upon sharing one of these biscuits, Mr. Jeanes and I concluded that they
were, if not literally a Tim Tam, something cloned from a Tim Tam.

It was $3.29 for a pack of eleven. ..."

Get thee to the supermarket!

Enjoy!

Michelle

Ah, the "in house relabel!" They have the "most decadent" Choc cookies
(biscuits), the "ultimate" cheesecake, and other such superlatives. I think
Superstore hired whomever thinks up those five thousand words for "red" when
labeling lipstick....

I'm a goin' to Superstore en route to work today....

I owe you.....maple syrup?

Old November 7th, 2003, 07:19 PM
swagmanneke

also 4 packets in belgium. just arived by mail from down under.hmmmmmmmmm

--
Swagmanneke( walter caremans)

"Raffi Balmanoukian" a
schreef in bericht
news:BBD10AC3.1D54E%walkabout@TAKEOUTTHETRASHTOREP LY.ns.sympatico.ca...
in article , Michelle at

Old November 7th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Poss

Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of "Tony Bailey"
:

www.arnotts.com

and some history to boot!-

There are eight delicious varieties of Tim Tams: Original, Chewy Caramel,
Mocha, Double Coat and Classic Dark Chocolate, Special Edition Tim Tam
Hazelnut, Limited Edition White Chocolate and new Special Edition Chewy Choc
Fudge.

White Tim tams? WHITE TIM TAMS?? How to ruin a perfectly good
biscuit. What is the world coming to?

Apologies to all those white chocolate lovers out there, but, I mean,
really!!

Old November 9th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Michelle

"Raffi Balmanoukian" a
wrote in message
news:BBD10AC3.1D54E%walkabout@TAKEOUTTHETRASHTOREP LY.ns.sympatico.ca...
in article , Michelle at
wrote on 11/5/03 11:17 PM:

wrote:

[...]

Only if it comes with freshly cooked pancakes!