Canadian flag on the backback myth

Old June 1st, 2004, 07:01 PM
Padraig Breathnach

Default Canadian flag on the backback myth

Madonna wrote:

Xomicron wrote:
is it from a deeper desire to make up for Canadian inferiority?

Nice troll.

Did you really need to cross-post this to alt.space*******s can.politics
and alt.nuke.the.usa ?

Trolls are voracious feeders.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:06 PM
Un Patriote

Le Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:20:15 -0400, "Jason Campbell"
a écrit :

"Un Patriote" HOTMAIL..QC@Patriote wrote in message
.. .
Le Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:16:11 GMT, America the beautiful
dom_Fries a écrit :

Ack wrote:

The world loves Canadians.

What about Al Qaeda?

The Italian Mafia, Mossad both have a particular and doubtful liking
for the canadian passport and not as a collector's item...

Well, maybe if our ****ed up liberal feds would stop letting so many
passports get stolen it wouldn't be a problem.

The Dominion has had a reputation as international refuge for
criminals against humanity long before it opened its borders to nazi
criminals. Which preceded Mossad...

Old June 1st, 2004, 09:08 PM
Mark Fagan

It is merely an announcement to local people that since you are so much more
polite, and might even know a little of their language, that Canadians are
deserving of being treated better!

"Xomicron" wrote in message
I was just wondering, is it really true that most Canadian's believe the
myth that people in the rest of the world will treat them better if they
know they are Canadian. I've had some people tell me this and I can't
believe that intelligent Canadians fall for that bunk. I've traveled a
lot and most of the world sees one rich foreigner as pretty much the same
as another rich foreigner.

One Canadian woman in Turkey told me Canadian flags ensured better
treatment, and I noticed Turkish men were in the habit of coming up to
her and grabbing her tits in the street (she wore 2 Canadian flags), and a
guy in Beijing who was being threatened by a cab driver who wanted $50 US
for a 10 minute cab ride (he had a big plastic Canadian flag on his back).

Whenever I ask a Canadian about this every one has held that it is true.
One English teacher said there was some famous Canadian comedian that
Chinese knew. I pointed out that the most popular person on Earth was an
American. He repeated with total conviction that anywhere in China
average people will treat you better if they know you are Canadian.

Is this some kind of Canadian folk legend and if so is it true that most
people believe it. Where does this strange belief (that a rich foreigner
who is Canadian is more your friend then an American) come from? Is it a
little misplaced nationalism (entirely harmless) or is it from a deeper
desire to make up for Canadian inferiority?

Old June 1st, 2004, 10:37 PM
Watcher

Xomicron wrote in message ...

Terrorists aren't covered under the Geneva Convention.

SO WHAT? I just don't understand this spin. Just because something
is (arguably) not prohibited by the Geneva Convention, does that mean
that we should do it? Shouldn't we be governed by civilized standards
of behavior, regardless of what any convention provides, and
regardless of what our enemies do? Or should we stoop to their level,
showing the world that we are no better than they are?
Old June 1st, 2004, 11:01 PM
Ken Ehrett

On Mon, 31 May 2004 19:29:06 -0400, "Robert R."
wrote:

To be honest I kind of got that impression from the number of Americans who took
refuge behind a Cdn flag on their packs etc.

Get over yourself you stupid moose ****er. Repeating that idiotic
urban myth is not going to make it any more true than when the first
flannel shirt wearing drunken moron from CanaDuh pulled it out of his
ass after stumbling over the snow bank where he clubbed a baby seal.
Oh and that dutch clog **** who wanted to shake your hand so badly was
only trying to nick your watch until he discovered it was a 10 dollar
Hong Kong knock off.

Old June 1st, 2004, 11:25 PM
Cam Newton

wrote:

To be honest I kind of got that impression from the number of Americans who took
refuge behind a Cdn flag on their packs etc.

Get over yourself you stupid moose ****er. Repeating that idiotic
urban myth is not going to make it any more true than when the first
flannel shirt wearing drunken moron from CanaDuh pulled it out of his
ass after stumbling over the snow bank where he clubbed a baby seal.
Oh and that dutch clog **** who wanted to shake your hand so badly was
only trying to nick your watch until he discovered it was a 10 dollar
Hong Kong knock off.

You are the Ugly American in this thread.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 12:02 AM
Van

wrote:

To be honest I kind of got that impression from the number of Americans who took
refuge behind a Cdn flag on their packs etc.

Get over yourself you stupid moose ****er. Repeating that idiotic
urban myth is not going to make it any more true than when the first
flannel shirt wearing drunken moron from CanaDuh pulled it out of his
ass after stumbling over the snow bank where he clubbed a baby seal.

That is no urban myth as I have personally witnessed it and was told by
the Americans that they get treated better when the Europeans think we
are from Canada. It is not our fault that we have a better rep than
Americans.

Old June 2nd, 2004, 12:04 AM
Bert Hyman

In Van
wrote:

That is no urban myth as I have personally witnessed it and was told by
the Americans that they get treated better when the Europeans think we
are from Canada. It is not our fault that we have a better rep than
Americans.

Maybe they just feel sorry for you.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old June 2nd, 2004, 12:13 AM
Robert R.

wrote:

To be honest I kind of got that impression from the number of Americans who took
refuge behind a Cdn flag on their packs etc.

Get over yourself you stupid moose ****er. Repeating that idiotic
urban myth is not going to make it any more true than when the first
flannel shirt wearing drunken moron from CanaDuh pulled it out of his
ass after stumbling over the snow bank where he clubbed a baby seal.
Oh and that dutch clog **** who wanted to shake your hand so badly was
only trying to nick your watch until he discovered it was a 10 dollar
Hong Kong knock off.

Oh go soak your head you foul mouth troll.

Old June 2nd, 2004, 12:27 AM
Robert R.

Bert Hyman wrote:

In Van
wrote:

That is no urban myth as I have personally witnessed it and was told by
the Americans that they get treated better when the Europeans think we
are from Canada. It is not our fault that we have a better rep than
Americans.

Maybe they just feel sorry for you.

With people speaking the way you do it's no wonder that every ****er on earth is
trying to murder your soldiers. You mouth off and they have to pay for it.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN