Photo galleries update

Old December 16th, 2003, 01:37 AM
Chuck

Default Photo galleries update

Hey,

If you want a really cool way to display photos on the web, there's a
new program that gives you total control and creativity over the
display of your photos. It's the coolest thing I've seen.

Check it out at
www.webprose.ws
Old December 16th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Miguel Cruz

Chuck wrote:
If you want a really cool way to display photos on the web, there's a
new program that gives you total control and creativity over the
display of your photos. It's the coolest thing I've seen.

www.webprose.ws

The web site doesn't even work. On the first page I get dead links for
"Home", "Product", "Trial Version", etc. Clicking on them does nothing.
Likewise "Back" and "Forward" at the bottom.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old December 16th, 2003, 05:15 AM
Dave Fossett

Miguel Cruz wrote:

www.webprose.ws

The web site doesn't even work. On the first page I get dead links for
"Home", "Product", "Trial Version", etc. Clicking on them does nothing.
Likewise "Back" and "Forward" at the bottom.

You get that much? I just see a blank white screen. Very cool.

--
Dave Fossett
Saitama, Japan
Old December 16th, 2003, 10:12 AM
John L

Um, I must be doing something wrong, everything works fine on the
site.

John L.

Old December 16th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Miguel Cruz

John L wrote:
"Dave Fossett" wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
www.webprose.ws

The web site doesn't even work. On the first page I get dead links for
"Home", "Product", "Trial Version", etc. Clicking on them does nothing.
Likewise "Back" and "Forward" at the bottom.

You get that much? I just see a blank white screen. Very cool.

Um, I must be doing something wrong, everything works fine on the
site.

Probably just means you have the same magic combination of software and
settings as the person who threw it together.

A hallmark of amateur web developers is they fail to realize that other
people have different setups. Rather than developing for the web, they
develop for their own browser.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old December 16th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Kris

Thanx! I had a quick look at your site, looks great!

Kris

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:48:17 GMT, Alfred Molon
wrote:

I just finished doing a major redesign of my travel photography site:

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm

Basically the site now has a much improved user interface (is based for
the first time on CSS) and there is an internal advanced search which
generates among others pages with thumbnails in the search results.

Comments and feedback are welcome.

Old December 17th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Johannes Beck

Very nice site and photos. Thanx, Johannes!

Old December 27th, 2003, 06:11 AM
richard b

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
news.com...
I just finished doing a major redesign of my travel photography site:

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm

Basically the site now has a much improved user interface (is based for
the first time on CSS) and there is an internal advanced search which
generates among others pages with thumbnails in the search results.

Comments and feedback are welcome.
--

Alfred Molon

Really lovely pic's especially liked looking at the places I've been too,
brings back memories.
I understand that your mainly interested in photography but maybe a little
more in depth
background description of the places would make the site more interesting
for the viewer.
I also had a similar experience to you, went to Malaysia and come back with
a lot more
"baggage" than I went with. It must be something to do with the sun.
Although I can't really use
that as an excuse as I live in Africa.
I didn't see any on Africa !
Enjoy your future travels Richard

Old December 28th, 2003, 02:08 PM
Rydale

Great site Alfred.

You do still have a couple of gremlins. On the front page, the links to 'new
site layout', 'Brunei photo gallery', and 'Kota Belud photo gallery' are all
trying to link to a page on your hard drive ! (links show up as
file:///c:/website/root/.....).

Aside from that, you've obviously put a lot of effort (and time) into the
site. You have also managed to avoid two common faults of having too many
gimmicks, and over-fancy screen layouts. 'Keep it simple' - well done.

Small point - I have been advised to keep images on the web down to a max
400 pixels on the longest side to hold load times down as far as possible.
Might be worth considering next time (!) you redesign...

I missed the start of this string, but there was obviously some debate about
digital SLRs. I have recently converted to Nikon D100, and sold off my 35mm
bodies before Xmas. I have absolutely no worries about the switchover (I can
still use my old lenses !!), but confess that I have found the ability to
muck about with images is a little addictive. I check the contrast, balance,
cropping etc on everything I do now, so the money I save in processing costs
are somewhat outweighed by this. Its just a question of discipline I guess
(but its such good fun - I can crop anything I like *before* its printed).

I haven't yet updated my photo site to reflect any of this - a job for the
new year. But I will - I have a load of shots from Kilimanjaro and Tarangire
NR to sort out. I have a load on our family website at
http://www.tomalin.org/charles/tanzania/index.htm. I will re-organise the
'good ones' onto the photo site soon.

Cheers

Charles