Why do people live in Florida?

Old September 10th, 2004, 01:53 PM
ivy_mike

"clint" wrote in message ...
Good, we got too many aholes like you already!

And one other thing I forgot. I believe FL ranks #1 in
the U.S. with most thunderstorm days per year. Central FL
is one of the lightning capitals of the world. So much
for the "Sunshine State" moniker...

--
Regards, IM
Old September 10th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Frank F. Matthews

I suspect that the issue is one of definition. Florida will have a
large number of hours of sunshine each year. Thus the moniker. Having
a semi-tropical coastline they will also have a large number of
afternoon thunderstorms. Heat and humidity cause thunderstorms. Many
will be brief and will be on days with a great deal of sunshine.

Old September 10th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Louis Boyd

ivy_mike wrote:
"clint" wrote in message ...

Good, we got too many aholes like you already!

And one other thing I forgot. I believe FL ranks #1 in
the U.S. with most thunderstorm days per year. Central FL
is one of the lightning capitals of the world. So much
for the "Sunshine State" moniker...

What do you think the energy source is which drives all those
thunderstorms? It's Sunshine!
Old September 10th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Miguel Cruz

ivy_mike wrote:
And one other thing I forgot. I believe FL ranks #1 in
the U.S. with most thunderstorm days per year. Central FL
is one of the lightning capitals of the world. So much
for the "Sunshine State" moniker...

Around these parts there is a thunderstorm almost every day. And yet it's
sunny almost all the time. The sky darkens, the storm comes, and 20 minutes
later it's all over.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 30 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Old September 10th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Marty

Thanks, everyone, for your compassionate support of those of us who
live in Florida and are dealing with the hurricanes. This group will
use ANY exuse to bicker and put each other down. That's why I rarely
participate very much...don't even bother to lurk most of the time.
But, you all have outdone yourselves this time. See ya.
Marty

Budman wrote in message . ..
The hanging chad had a legal definition of an acceptable vote. The
attempt to count them as required by law was stopped by those not
intellegent enough to realize that it was a valid vote - and those
folks live in Texas and Washington.

On 6 Sep 2004 08:44:35 -0700, (Bill Jackson)
wrote:

Florida is not exactly the intellectual capital of the USA. Remember
the "hanging chad" fiasco, not sure those people should be voting.
Florida is just a dumb beach state, that's about all. Not much
importance in anything.

puzzled wrote in message . ..
A massive hurricane seems to hit Florida every few years. I really don't
understand why people continue to live there. Don't they get tired of having
to evacuate every summer, and having their houses destroyed? Someone explain
this to me.

Old September 10th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Mike

Blame it on marketing and real estate people. I think that the first
marketing and real estate scam was when the explorers named Iceland
and Greenland. vbg

Old September 10th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Yes, having bunches of silly folks around you who don't understand can
be a bother. Kinda how I feel about the lemmings here who are only
slowly coming to see how badly shrub messed up the state as governor.

Gunner wrote:

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:08:10 GMT, "R M" wrote:

Gunner,
This may have been asked before but with your views (which i seem to
agree with) why are you living in the bastion of Liberalism and Utopians?

Actually Im not. Take a look at the Red/Blue maps and you will see
California is overwhelmingly Red (Bush/Conservative) with the sole
exceptions of the **** holes of the 3 major metropolitain areas. In
which I do NOT live. Unfortunately there are enough lemmings living
in those tiny areas that they have a lot of stroke.
Gunner

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 11:31:22 -0400, Tutor wrote:

Terry Gowan wrote:

Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and ice storms. They're all useful

in

cleaing out the gene pool. The people I least understand are the
Californians that re-build their homes on the side of a mud-sliding
mountain.

Terry Gowan

Not to mention having the nation's 3rd largest death row
population. THat should help filter the gene pool abit. Although
it doesn't seem to work in Texas

Unfortuately we here in California dont use it enough to get a good
start on gene pool cleansing.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann

Old September 10th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Stoobie

Thank God for that, there's already too many people there!

Lol, someone from GEORGIA talking about white trash!?!?

8)

"ivy_mike" wrote in message
om...
"William Brackeen" wrote in message

.com...

See my answer to No. 1.

rest snipped for space

I agree with just about everything Pete said. As far as humidity,
being a native Georgian, I know heat and humidity, but FL is WORSE!
Once you get away from ocean or gulf breezes, it's almost always
like a friggin' sauna down there (except of course during dry periods
during winter). Plus, you have (near the ocean or gulf) all that
salt in the air that can add to the misery and deposits of salt

everywhere.

Biting insects? The place can be a living hell. Worse than just about
anywhere I can imagine in the U.S.

White trash? FL has got to be one of the biggest magnets in America for
the raggedly-ass set. It's because of the warmth and the fact that the
state has nearly one big shoreline as a border. People like that
are attracted to places like this. I've visited FL quite a few times,
but I sure as hell would never want to live there. Never.

--
Regards, IM