Precautions while travelling in South-Africa

Old April 27th, 2004, 07:13 PM
George B.

Default Precautions while travelling in South-Africa

Some of the material is not for sensitive viewers.
http://www.africancrisis.org/photos16.asp
Old April 28th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Eupe-mbwa

On 27 Apr 2004 11:13:02 -0700, (George B.) wrote:

Some of the material is not for sensitive viewers.
http://www.africancrisis.org/photos16.asp

Hmmm, africancrisis.org ,unable to find server.
Is this link correct?
--

.--~~,__
:-....,-------`~~'._.'

Old April 28th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Marc Lurie

This site appears to be the hysterical ramblings of a neo-Nazi-like
organisation who would love to see apartheid re-introduced. I wouldn't
take much of their "information" too seriously.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of problems in this country, but
their hyped-up racist content does absolutely nothing for this country
except exploit and promote unfounded fears and racial hatred.

Marc - Johannesburg

Old April 29th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Afrika Safaris - Koos Greeff

This is really not suitable for the newsgroup. We do have problems is SA but
the new SA far outweighs to old one. It is interesting that you only
concentrate on black-on-white violence. Do you know that for every white
persons murdered at least 10 blacks are murdered or does this not worry you?
Are you aware that during the "Riot Years" of 1984 - 1990 we had about 80 -
100 political inspired murders per day? Get a life!

om...

Old April 30th, 2004, 10:31 AM
George B.

Marc Lurie wrote in message . ..
This site appears to be the hysterical ramblings of a neo-Nazi-like
organisation who would love to see apartheid re-introduced. I wouldn't
take much of their "information" too seriously.

You of course cannot give any proof of this.
Let me guess, you were one of the people that took all the
atrocity-propaganda before 1994 seriously, right?
Was this propaganda against South Africa "racist"?
Questions:
Are the farmers murdered or not?
Are these murders gruesome?
Are the pictures shown authentic?

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of problems in this country, but
their hyped-up racist content does absolutely nothing for this country
except exploit and promote unfounded fears and racial hatred.

You of course cannot give any proof of this, neither.

Screaming about the suffering of Blacks, while downplaying the
suffering of whites is hypocritical and "racist", wouldn't you say?

Marc - Johannesburg

On 27 Apr 2004 11:13:02 -0700, (George B.) wrote:

Some of the material is not for sensitive viewers.
http://www.africancrisis.org/photos16.asp

Fact is the whole "Rainbow Nation" concept is a failure. Just the old
structures keep on running, this still prevents a desaster.
Old April 30th, 2004, 10:46 AM
George B.

"Afrika Safaris - Koos Greeff" wrote in message ...
This is really not suitable for the newsgroup. We do have problems is SA but
the new SA far outweighs to old one. It is interesting that you only
concentrate on black-on-white violence.

One has to focus on one subject at a time. The global media
concentrates almost exclusively on "hate crimes", if the accused are
supposedly white. How many times did you complain about this bias?

Do you know that for every white
persons murdered at least 10 blacks are murdered or does this not worry you?

Who are the murderers?

Are you aware that during the "Riot Years" of 1984 - 1990 we had about 80 -
100 political inspired murders per day? Get a life!

Who commited these murders, and why the increase after "enlighted"
people like FW de Klerk took over? I actually think you got the dates
a bit wrong. Guess you meant 1990-1994. (BTW: Wasn't it him who
disbanded the death penalty)
There is a perfectly valid information for the decrease in political
murders after 1994: The perpatrators got what they wanted.

"George B." wrote in message
om...
Some of the material is not for sensitive viewers.
http://www.africancrisis.org/photos16.asp

I do not blame you for downplaying, as you have a professional
interest in painting a more friendly picture of current day South
Africa. Thanks for trying to correct the facts I presented anyway.
Old April 30th, 2004, 12:28 PM
BroJack

On 30 Apr 2004 02:46:47 -0700, (George B.) wrote:

[...]

"George B." wrote in message
om...
Some of the material is not for sensitive viewers.
http://www.africancrisis.org/photos16.asp

I do not blame you for downplaying, as you have a professional
interest in painting a more friendly picture of current day South
Africa. Thanks for trying to correct the facts I presented anyway.

Correct these facts, chump:

EXCERPT: in 1999 South Africa had 121 murders and 119 rapes per
100,000 inhabitants, compared with Colombia’s 69 and 6 respectively
(and the United States’ 5 and 32)

EXCERPT: South Africa has seen the rise of vigilante groups filling
the void left by an incompetent (affirmative action, again – one third
of policemen are functionally illiterate) and violent police – who
between 1997 and 2000 killed 1,550 people, compared with 2,700 killed
by the apartheid regime in 30 years.

EXCERPT: South Africa has the world’s largest number of persons living
with HIV/AIDS: 5 million of its 44 million citizens are HIV-positive.
Only 42 million are infected worldwide [snip] But Mbeki has repeatedly
stated that he did not believe the "thesis" that AIDS is caused by
HIV, or that it is a virus at all.
_____________________

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...le.asp?ID=5979

South Africa: The Downside of Liberation
By Michael Radu

[...]
Old May 1st, 2004, 01:54 PM
Richard Bonnage

"Afrika Safaris - Koos Greeff" wrote in message
This is really not suitable for the newsgroup. We do have problems is SA

but
the new SA far outweighs to old one. It is interesting that you only
concentrate on black-on-white violence. Do you know that for every white
persons murdered at least 10 blacks are murdered or does this not worry

you?
Are you aware that during the "Riot Years" of 1984 - 1990 we had about

80 -
100 political inspired murders per day? Get a life!

"George B." wrote in message
om...
Some of the material is not for sensitive viewers.
http://www.africancrisis.org/photos16.asp

Koos
Last year the "official" figures for murder in SA was +/- 60 per day,
can you tell me what is inspiring such high murder rate now. Whilst
the topic may not be pertinent to this news group. It is a consideration
for a person travelling to Africa. My work takes me into townships on a
weekly basis, but I would not advise a tourist even in the "new" SA
to venture into a township. It just simply is not safe, and if anyone
advises differently it would be wrong.
There are many places in the new SA, (Jo'burg CBD) where the possibility
even probability of violent crime is high. All the politically correct
postering
does not change this. By the way I have a life, it's surrounded by security
fences, burgular bars, armed response and all the normal trappings that go
with living in one of the most violent countries in the world.
I don't make my living in tourism, I'm a safety and security consultant to
para
statals.
Regards
Richard.

Old May 1st, 2004, 02:10 PM
Ken Tough

George B. wrote:

Fact is the whole "Rainbow Nation" concept is a failure. Just the old
structures keep on running, this still prevents a desaster.

Do you live in S.Africa, George?

Conditions might not be great, but they're a hell of a lot
better than they could be.

You know it could not have carried on as it was. It is true
that about 100,000 police (and 5% on taxes to support it) wouldn't
go amiss, but surely you don't believe it could have carried on
as it was.

To those thinking of visiting, there are great places and
great people here. There are some places you don't want to
go as well, but it will be worth your visit, and your economic
input will help the 'struggle' to avoid 'disaster' too.

--
Ken Tough
South Africa
Old May 1st, 2004, 03:29 PM
BroJack

On Sat, 1 May 2004 15:10:06 +0200, Ken Tough
wrote:

George B. wrote:

Fact is the whole "Rainbow Nation" concept is a failure. Just the old
structures keep on running, this still prevents a desaster.

Do you live in S.Africa, George?

Conditions might not be great, but they're a hell of a lot
better than they could be.

You know it could not have carried on as it was. It is true
that about 100,000 police (and 5% on taxes to support it) wouldn't
go amiss, but surely you don't believe it could have carried on
as it was.

To those thinking of visiting, there are great places and
great people here. There are some places you don't want to
go as well, but it will be worth your visit, and your economic
input will help the 'struggle' to avoid 'disaster' too.

If he brings his infant daughter, do you promise not to rape her?

BroJack