Fake Badge gets guy abord flight.

Old February 27th, 2009, 08:26 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

Default Fake Badge gets guy abord flight.

And the best part is, he didn't get arrested until he bitched in a bar.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...l-flight_N.htm

MIAMI (AP) - Authorities say a man running late for a flight flashed a fake
police badge to airline workers and claimed to be an air marshal so they
would let him through the gate.
Miami-Dade police said a 49-year-old man was booked on a flight to Los
Angeles Wednesday night, but the gate had already closed and the plane was
departing. After he showed the fake badge and claimed to be an air marshal,
employees stopped the plane and let him board.

But real air marshals already on the plane recognized his fake badge and
kicked him off.

Not content with avoiding arrest, police said the man went to an airport bar
and began loudly complaining about missing his flight. That's when airport
police arrested him.

The man was charged with impersonating a law enforcement officer

Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"Larry in AZ" wrote in message
.. .
Waiving the right to remain silent, "Jim Davis"
said:

But real air marshals already on the plane recognized his fake badge and
kicked him off.

Not content with avoiding arrest, police said the man went to an airport
bar and began loudly complaining about missing his flight. That's when
airport police arrested him.

That sound very odd. I would have expected the real air marshalls to have
held him for imediate arrest, rather than letting him go.

Oh well. Just when you start thinking those guys aint all dummies, they
pull a f**k up like that.

That's a HUGE offense, impersonating a federal LEO.

Apparently, *they* didn't think it was so serious.

Old March 4th, 2009, 09:00 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Zipplewrath

"Larry in AZ" wrote in 5.247...

said:

But real air marshals already on the plane recognized his fake badge and
kicked him off.

Not content with avoiding arrest, police said the man went to an airport
bar and began loudly complaining about missing his flight. That's when
airport police arrested him.

That sound very odd. *I would have expected the real air marshalls to have
held him for imediate arrest, rather than letting him go.

Oh well. *Just when you start thinking those guys aint all dummies, they
pull a f**k up like that.

That's a HUGE offense, impersonating a federal LEO.

Apparently, *they* didn't think it was so serious.

Unfortunately there are effectively two "theys" here. The feds, who
stayed on
the plane I'd suspect (which is in and of itself a bit odd since they
aren't suppose
to be ID'ed). The police two whom I suspect he was given. The police
probably
didn't feel much like dealing with a cross jurisdictional issue. The
article blames
it on his blabbering, but for all we know they got a call telling them
to go find
the guy. His mouth may have been just a side effect of it all.
Old March 5th, 2009, 01:25 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

said:

[...]

I don't know how much you fly, but most air marshalls stick out like a sore
thumb.

The police two whom I suspect he was given. The police
probably
didn't feel much like dealing with a cross jurisdictional issue.

Most likely you're right.

The
article blames
it on his blabbering, but for all we know they got a call telling them
to go find
the guy. His mouth may have been just a side effect of it all.

I think you're right again.

Old March 6th, 2009, 04:08 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD[_2_]

In message "Jim Davis"
was claimed to have wrote:

I don't know how much you fly, but most air marshalls stick out like a sore
thumb.

They're still supposed to pretend that they're anonymous.
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:48 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
In message "Jim Davis"
was claimed to have wrote:

I don't know how much you fly, but most air marshalls stick out like a
sore
thumb.

They're still supposed to pretend that they're anonymous.

Most of them do. But they're not very good at it.

Old March 6th, 2009, 11:15 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD[_2_]

In message "Jim Davis"
was claimed to have wrote:

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
.. .
In message "Jim Davis"
was claimed to have wrote:

I don't know how much you fly, but most air marshalls stick out like a
sore
thumb.

They're still supposed to pretend that they're anonymous.

Most of them do. But they're not very good at it.

Sure, but like most things TSA, it's what they think they're doing that
matters, not how well they do it.