Speaking of D.B. Cooper...

Old November 1st, 2007, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Dudley Henriques

Default Speaking of D.B. Cooper...

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

karl gruber wrote:
The Columbia River is hardly a "stream!"

Karl

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
C J Campbell wrote:
Seems some guy from Minnesota, Lyle Christansen, is convinced that
his brother Kenny was D.B. Cooper. Kenny Christansen is in fact a
dead ringer for Cooper, was an army paratrooper, bought a house in
Buckley, WA, with cash that he never explained where it came from,
and he worked for Northwest Airlines. On his deathbed he started to
tell Lyle that there was something he had done that Lyle should
know, but then he died.

Kenny Christansen died in 1994 of cancer. The house is now a sign
shop.

Last I heard, some woman in Florida said she discovered the man she
was married to for 20 years was Cooper. Don't know what ever
happened to this story.
My guess is that he went into one of those lakes that dot the
countryside where he baled, got tangled up in the shrouds and
drowned. I think someone found some of the money in a stream bed
some time ago. This one will hang in there with some of the other
unsolved mysteries of our time.
Perhaps someday it will get solved :-)

--
Dudley Henriques

Ever seen the Amazon???

Or what beer made from rice will do to a wellused urinary tract?

Bertie

Ouch! That hurts. Pass me a cold one anyway!

--
Dudley Henriques
Old November 1st, 2007, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Dudley Henriques

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in news:xqadnfQMn-
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

C J Campbell wrote:
[...]

Getting on so one can't fly more than 15 minutes from a place to pee.

Bertie

Being alone in the Mustang has it's good points :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old November 1st, 2007, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Dudley Henriques

Default Putting the "P" in piloting

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in news:xqadnfQMn-
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

C J Campbell wrote:
[...]

Worth a whole thread on it's own really.

Bertie

Man, you haven't pee'd till you've pee'd into one of those funny looking
red plastic pee containers at 30 thousand in an unpressurized cockpit on
the way to a show site.

As if freezing it off wasn't bad enough, getting it caught in that damn
lower zipper in the flight suit REALLY made the day complete :-))

Ah yes, if those screaming "fans" at the show site only knew how loud
one of their "hero's" could yell "OUCH" into a damn O2 mask when his
"zingie" caught in that damn lower zipper, the whole "fighter pilot hero
thing" would have gone right out the damn window!!

You know Bertie..I REALLY miss the "good ole' days!! :-))
:-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old November 1st, 2007, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Morgans

"Dudley Henriques" wrote

Ah yes, if those screaming "fans" at the show site only knew how loud one
of their "hero's" could yell "OUCH" into a damn O2 mask when his "zingie"
caught in that damn lower zipper, the whole "fighter pilot hero thing"
would have gone right out the damn window!!

Ouch ??? OUCH ???

You HAVE to be kidding. It had to have been frozen SOLID to only get that
reaction! g

I would think that would at least merit a "SON OF A B*TCH" or something
along that line, or worse. ;-)
--
Jim in NC

Old November 1st, 2007, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Dudley Henriques

Morgans wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote

Ah yes, if those screaming "fans" at the show site only knew how loud one
of their "hero's" could yell "OUCH" into a damn O2 mask when his "zingie"
caught in that damn lower zipper, the whole "fighter pilot hero thing"
would have gone right out the damn window!!

Ouch ??? OUCH ???

You HAVE to be kidding. It had to have been frozen SOLID to only get that
reaction! g

I would think that would at least merit a "SON OF A B*TCH" or something
along that line, or worse. ;-)

What really makes it interesting is that the mask has an open mike, and
of course you're simplexing ATC while all this is going on.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old November 1st, 2007, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Morgans

"Dudley Henriques" wrote

What really makes it interesting is that the mask has an open mike, and of
course you're simplexing ATC while all this is going on.

Humm, that is surprising. NO PTT button, huh?
--
Jim in NC

Old November 1st, 2007, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Dudley Henriques

Morgans wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote

What really makes it interesting is that the mask has an open mike, and of
course you're simplexing ATC while all this is going on.

Humm, that is surprising. NO PTT button, huh?

On the end of the throttle barrel, but being a multi-task person I'm
usually doing several things at once :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old November 1st, 2007, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Dudley Henriques said:
Man, you haven't pee'd till you've pee'd into one of those funny looking
red plastic pee containers at 30 thousand in an unpressurized cockpit on
the way to a show site.

I read a story about an F-16 pilot who "returned his plane to the taxpayers"
due to a mishap while trying to pee in a piddle pack.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
If the automobile had followed the same development as the computer a
Old November 1st, 2007, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Dudley Henriques

Paul Tomblin wrote:
In a previous article, Dudley Henriques said:
Man, you haven't pee'd till you've pee'd into one of those funny looking
red plastic pee containers at 30 thousand in an unpressurized cockpit on
the way to a show site.

I read a story about an F-16 pilot who "returned his plane to the taxpayers"
due to a mishap while trying to pee in a piddle pack.

That wouldn't be me. If you can't **** without losing the airplane,
you're too stupid to fly :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old November 1st, 2007, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
C J Campbell[_2_]

On 2007-10-31 17:52:32 -0700, Dudley Henriques said:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in news:xqadnfQMn-
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

C J Campbell wrote:
[...]

Being in a C-130 with its own john had even better points. :-)
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor