Bad experience at motel - got money back

Old September 13th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Mark Hewitt

something steady like a noisy exhaust
fan,

Strange because constant traffic noise I can deal with. But a constant fan
noise, from building A/C or whatever (the type of which you often find just
outside hotel windows) I just can't deal with and get no sleep at all! I
guess it's because at home we have traffic but no fans :-)

Old September 14th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Chris the Liberal

"Roger B." wrote in message ...

You may also have better luck with harassing the corporation.
When I stayed at a Radisson that had on-going construction
noise, I complained to the chain's CS center and received a
voucher for a free night, anywhere in the U.S.

Don't tell me about Radisson!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. About TWO HOURS after I had checked in, the "servant" finally
came to check the "convenience chest" -- i.e. one filled w drinks, etc.
He commented that it appeared I had used a few which he was going to
charge me for. I HAD JUST ARRIVED; THE ASSHEADS had not restocked
the chest before I checked into the room. I raised hell and did not
have to pay.

2. An hour later, fire sirens went off. I called the desk; they did
not know what it was, did not know how to turn it off, blasted thru
the hotel for nearly an hour.

3. Stopped at restaurant and since there were no patrons, asked if
they were open. They said YES. However, the item (forget now what)
they served is one that is always served hot was in fact cold.

I sent a letter of complaint to the CEO of Radisson.
Never got a reply, not even a note of apology.

NEVER will I EVER stay at a Radisson again; I'll camp on the
public square in below zero temperature before staying at a Radisson.

Old September 14th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Jim Ley

On 13 Sep 2004 20:12:47 -0700, (Chris the
Liberal) wrote:

Don't tell me about Radisson!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So with an opener like that I expected them to have at the very least
done something unmentionable to your gran, but no...

He commented that it appeared I had used a few which he was going to
charge me for. I HAD JUST ARRIVED; THE ASSHEADS had not restocked
the chest before I checked into the room. I raised hell and did not
have to pay.

Did you drink them? Was it really something worth raising hell about,
would a quick explanation that you didn't in actual fact use any - or
were you just trying to get a freebie - if you were then the fact it
wasn't fully stocked wasn't even a problem for you so you have even
less to complain about.

2. An hour later, fire sirens went off. I called the desk; they did
not know what it was, did not know how to turn it off, blasted thru
the hotel for nearly an hour.

Inconvenient - but are sure it was even in the same hotel, and not a
neighbours? and in any case, is it really normal behaviour to decide
to phone the desk when fire alarms go off - isn't there something
about an orderly exit?

3. Stopped at restaurant and since there were no patrons, asked if
they were open. They said YES. However, the item (forget now what)
they served is one that is always served hot was in fact cold.

So what did the waiter say? If you raise hell over a late stocking of
a drinks cabinet, surely cold X is going to send you into apoplexy?

Jim.
Old September 14th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Roger B.

"Chris the Liberal" wrote...
1. About TWO HOURS after I had checked in, the "servant" finally
came to check the "convenience chest" -- i.e. one filled w drinks, etc.
He commented that it appeared I had used a few which he was going
to charge me for. I HAD JUST ARRIVED; THE ASSHEADS had
not restocked the chest before I checked into the room. I raised hell
and did not have to pay.

2. An hour later, fire sirens went off. I called the desk; they did
not know what it was, did not know how to turn it off, blasted thru
the hotel for nearly an hour.

3. Stopped at restaurant and since there were no patrons, asked if
they were open. They said YES. However, the item (forget now
what) they served is one that is always served hot was in fact cold.

------------------------
It sounds like this hotel had a number of screw-up. But things like
this can happen at anywhere. I doubt that its unique to Radisson.
False alarms have happened to me at both a Marriott and Hilton. I'd
rather wake to a false alarm than have an alarm disabled to help /you/
sleep. Had you never sent an item back to the kitchen before?

If I ruled out chains on the basis of minor irritations, I'd have to
forego some fine hotels. The attitude that screw-up are normal and
even to be expected may help you live a less stressful life. Try to
say, "That's okay. These things happen," once in a while. [Roger]

Old September 14th, 2004, 04:52 PM
jenn

Roger B. wrote:
"Chris the Liberal" wrote...

[...]

I stayed at a conference hotel in Providence a few years ago where the
fire alarms went off EVERY NIGHT several times -- huge claxon in the
room could not be ignored -- and then after half an hour another huge
claxon and PA announcement of all clear. They awoke us at 1 am - 4 am
etc etc EVERY NIGHT for several days. The first time I walked 21
flights down to the street -- but after awhile I would look to see if
the firetrucks were unloading hose -- I figured if they weren't, it was
another false alarm.

ONCE okay -- it happens but night after night? And with no compensation
for hotel guests?

Old September 14th, 2004, 04:52 PM
jenn

"Chris the Liberal" wrote...

Old September 14th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Roger B.

"jenn" wrote...
Roger B. wrote:
False alarms have happened to me at both a Marriott and Hilton. I'd
rather wake to a false alarm than have an alarm disabled to help /you/
sleep.

I stayed at a conference hotel in Providence a few years ago where the fire
alarms went off EVERY NIGHT several times -- huge claxon in the room could not
be ignored -- and then after half an hour another huge claxon and PA
announcement of all clear. They awoke us at 1am-4am etc etc EVERY NIGHT for
several days. The first time I walked 21 flights down to the street -- but
after awhile I would look to see if the firetrucks were unloading hose -- I
figured if they weren't, it was another false alarm. ONCE okay -- it happens
but night after night?
And with no compensation for hotel guests?

------------------
I recently stayed at a resort in which the power went out from 8-11
PM in a storm. Granted it was an act of nature and not their fault,
but you'd think that they'd at least offer some compensation and
not hide behind the legalese.

I'd suspect kids or drunken guests pulling the alarms. "Conferences"
seem to generate more of those sort and they seem to think that such
high-jinks are funny and have absolutely no consideration for others.
Management often looks the other way.

Its not that I think that all Radissons are "great." IMHO, its hotels
often offer a good value for the price, and are generally a cut above
the more plebian chains. [Roger]

Old September 14th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Padraig Breathnach

"Roger B." wrote:

I recently stayed at a resort in which the power went out from 8-11
PM in a storm. Granted it was an act of nature and not their fault,
but you'd think that they'd at least offer some compensation and
not hide behind the legalese.

I wouldn't expect compensation in that circumstance. Al I would
require is that they be nice about things, and try to address any
special needs.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old September 15th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Chancellor of the Duchy of Besses o' th' Barn

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

"Roger B." wrote:

I recently stayed at a resort in which the power went out from 8-11
PM in a storm. Granted it was an act of nature and not their fault,
but you'd think that they'd at least offer some compensation and
not hide behind the legalese.

I wouldn't expect compensation in that circumstance. Al I would
require is that they be nice about things, and try to address any
special needs.

I was in South Beach, Miami during Hurricane Irene in 1999. Our power
went out overnight, and a cat died in the street outside. I should have
sued Florida!

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net