GGC2004

Old September 19th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Erm369

Default GGC2004

The Great Group Cruise was planned right here on rec.travel.cruises, but
some of the people who have signed up for this one are reluctant to post
here for fear of all the flaming. My question is, who has signed up for
GGC2004? I know Bill and I have. Details of this can be found at:
http://www.ggc2004.com

Ermalee ---will not respond to flames
Old September 19th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Erm369 wrote:

The Great Group Cruise was planned right here on rec.travel.cruises, but
some of the people who have signed up for this one are reluctant to post
here for fear of all the flaming. My question is, who has signed up for
GGC2004? I know Bill and I have. Details of this can be found at:
http://www.ggc2004.com

Ermalee ---will not respond to flames

We were booked, but had to cancel, I hope to join another GGC later on.

sue - who ignores all flames

Old September 19th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Sue Keenan

Joe and I are signed up and hoping to go, but we may have to cancel,
since we'll be in the middle of relocating to the left coast.

Sue ---moving to Cali-for-ni-a

Old September 20th, 2003, 03:59 AM
Joe Keenan

On 9/19/03 2:44 PM, in article ,
"Erm369" wrote:

The Great Group Cruise was planned right here on rec.travel.cruises, but
some of the people who have signed up for this one are reluctant to post
here for fear of all the flaming. My question is, who has signed up for
GGC2004? I know Bill and I have. Details of this can be found at:
http://www.ggc2004.com

Ermalee ---will not respond to flames

Speaking of the GGC2004....

First, I'd like to apologize to the for being so quiet on the subject of
late. As some of you may have noticed from Sue's post earlier today, we're
likely to be moving to the west coast this fall/winter. Lot's of changes at
work, and I've been working a hellish schedule of late. Lots of domestic
travel, and a bunch of international as well (Virginia to San Francisco to
Amsterdam and back to Virginia last week, for instance).

So the GGC2004 has been limping along with just Peter Berlin keeping things
going of late. It's time to step things up a little bit. The next order of
business is to get a Social Host(ess) lined up to help organize some of the
events for the week. We usually have a trivia contest, door decorating
contest, Carribbean clothing competition, etc. If you're interested in
helping out, please send a message to or
.

I'm also looking for people to organize newsletters for the cruise (daily or
less than daily), and t-shirts as well. it'll be a couple of weeks before
we get these roles filled, because many of our regulars are heading out on
the Paradise this weekend, and have already left their computers behind.

Thanks!

Joe Keenan
GGC2004 Chairman
http://www.ggc2004.com

Old September 20th, 2003, 05:00 AM
McCormick's

JMHO- I think a "social hostess" is a wonderful idea, as long as there is no
"overt" advertising of the TA for the group. I have always believed that
GGC chatter belongs on rtc. This IS where it all started. I love the idea
and have even participated in one. I may even participate in the future,
but for now.....I like to know what's happening with the GGC/SGC cruises.
Please keep up the chatter!!

Yvonne in NH---who thinks the VERY best part of her GGC cruise was finally
being able to cruise with Warren! (and Rory too, he was a blast!)
"Joe Keenan" wrote in message
On 9/19/03 2:44 PM, in article

,

Old September 20th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Freddyp

Ditto Yvonne

"McCormick's" wrote in message
JMHO- I think a "social hostess" is a wonderful idea, as long as there is

no
"overt" advertising of the TA for the group. I have always believed that
GGC chatter belongs on rtc. This IS where it all started. I love the

idea
and have even participated in one. I may even participate in the future,
but for now.....I like to know what's happening with the GGC/SGC cruises.
Please keep up the chatter!!

Yvonne in NH---who thinks the VERY best part of her GGC cruise was

finally
being able to cruise with Warren! (and Rory too, he was a blast!)
"Joe Keenan" wrote in message
On 9/19/03 2:44 PM, in article

,

Old September 20th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Rich and Kathy

Sue,

Where in California are you guys headed? We're from the Left Coast (I'm a
native Californian) and had to cancel the GGC2000 because we moved from the
SF Bay Area to Portland around the same time. But now we are in the process
this very minute of moving to Florida. The haulers are loading now. So,
we're definitely planning to go on the GGC2004, barring any unforeseen
circumstances.

-- R&K

Old September 20th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Sue Keenan

Somewhere in the Silicon Valley area.

If I'm allowed to keep my present job and telecommute then we'll
probably end up in San Jose. If I'm not allowed to telecommute, we'll
end up closer to San Meteo, because there seems to be more job
opportunities available in my programming skill set further north.

Sue ---a native Floridian

Old September 20th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Rich and Kathy

Sue,

I guess we're swapping places. We were also in Silicon Valley. The last
few years I had become a consultant so I had worked for many of the big high
tech companies. I found that most of them, for me, were in the San Jose
area. We lived closer to San Mateo, in Redwood Shores. Rich took a transfer
to Portland but then the big semiconductor crash came and we ended up taking
a job in Ohio for a year. We're especially glad to be moving on to Florida
after that experience -- totally foreign to anything I had known. Where are
you guys moving from? Anyway, hope that you'll be able to make the GGC so we
can exchange stories.

-- Kathy

Old September 20th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Sue Keenan

We currently live in Northern Virginia near Dulles International
Airport. Joe works for Apple Computer, who is headquartered in
Cupertino, but also has a small office in the DC area in Reston, VA.

Sue ---thinks you'll like Florida