Tanzania

Old March 20th, 2005, 04:32 AM
LittlePhish

Default Tanzania

I'll be travelling with my father this July. We are planning to spend
two weeks in North Tanzania. One week to climb Mt. Kilamajaro and one
week for 1-2 safaris (Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti Pk). Right now, we
plan on flying into Nairobi, Kenya and then take a bus into Ashuna.

1) Will it be easy enough to book a guided tour (7 day) for an ascent
of Mt. Kilamajaro once we arrive in Ashuna? Or should we book this in
advance (from the US)? What should we expect to pay per night per
person? Any guides or travel groups that you would recommend?

2) How do we go about booking a safari for the Serengeti? Is there a
town or entrance to the park where guides wait to offer their services?
As above, should I schedule this in advance? Are there any travel
groups that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Old April 27th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Dave Patterson

First of all, do you know my daughter-in-law, Katalin Terdik?

Second of all, for the quotes on all your questions about
the K'jaro climb and the safari, contact my associates in
Arusha, Mustafa or Akber Panju at Bushbuck Safaris:
http://www.whaleviewing.co.za/
Great operators, and an important part of our safari
business. Work with them directly.
Dave Patterson