living in europe

Old September 30th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Mxsmanic

Tim Challenger writes:

You should know. Mr Party Animal.

People who spend their time partying often seem to be the loneliest of
all.

Old September 30th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Mxsmanic

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

Huh? That's total rubbish! It is possible to have one or more romantic
partners, and some who are just friends, is it not?

Not for many people. Many people associate with the opposite sex
_only_ for sexual and romantic relationships. They cannot and/or will
not form platonic relationships with the opposite sex.

To not engage in romantic activities.

Why is that a limitation? I don't shoot heroin, either, but I don't
see that as placing a limitation on myself.

That, in addition to not France's finest things, such as wine, food,
and human interatction.

I'm not very interested in these things.

These are contraints.

Not if they involve things that don't interest me.

There you go, assuming everyone else does. If that were the case, none
of us would be married.

I don't see how that follows.

Old September 30th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Mxsmanic

Tim Challenger writes:

Do you work nights?

Sometimes from 8:00 AM or so to 8:30 PM, which is 12.5 hours.

Old September 30th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Mxsmanic

Martin writes:

The answer is "no".

You don't consider 8:30 PM to be night?

Old September 30th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Padraig Breathnach

Mxsmanic wrote:

Martin writes:

The answer is "no".

You don't consider 8:30 PM to be night?

I don't. On the other hand, I might accept the contention that 8.00
a.m. is.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old September 30th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Hatunen

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:37:30 GMT, "Timothy Kroesen"
wrote:

Perhaps it's time for the venerable "Cone of Silence" to descend on this
thread too...g

Th cone of silence for Usenet is called a "killfile".

Old September 30th, 2005, 08:10 PM
JohnT

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Martin writes:

The answer is "no".

You don't consider 8:30 PM to be night?

Of course not.

JohnT

Old September 30th, 2005, 08:28 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

A Human Being wrote:

People can be smart in different ways. Some are smart in business, some
in the academic field or in their vocation .. and so on.

And some are just "smart-asses"? :-)

And they say that Americans don't do irony.

Blame it on a lifetime of reading British novelists and
watching BBC re-runs on American PBS!

Old September 30th, 2005, 08:35 PM

Mxsmanic wrote:

Martin writes:

The answer is "no".

You don't consider 8:30 PM to be night?

Not really. Late "evening" perhaps, but "working nights"
connotes working more-or-less from dusk to dawn - at least
it does to MOST people - God alone knows what the phrase
means to you!

Old September 30th, 2005, 09:17 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:45:43 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

Huh? That's total rubbish! It is possible to have one or more romantic
partners, and some who are just friends, is it not?

Not for many people. Many people associate with the opposite sex
_only_ for sexual and romantic relationships. They cannot and/or will
not form platonic relationships with the opposite sex.

They don't exist. You only think they do.

To not engage in romantic activities.

Why is that a limitation? I don't shoot heroin, either, but I don't
see that as placing a limitation on myself.

What you see as a limitation is irrelevant. The fact that you don't
shoot heroin is a limitation. In fact, you could be a better person
for it.

That is because you are a sad **** with no taste.

These are contraints.

Not if they involve things that don't interest me.

They are still constraints, are they not?

There you go, assuming everyone else does. If that were the case, none
of us would be married.

I don't see how that follows.

Neither can anyone else. Trying snipping the posts you reply to more
liberally.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com