living in europe

Old September 24th, 2005, 08:12 PM
No Spam

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
B Vaughan writes:

On language learning, you won't accept indirect evidence such as that.

In all domains, I don't assert absolutes without absolute proof.

This is an absolute statement without proof. Furthermore.
a cursory search with Google clearly and unambiguously
DISproves the statement. QED.

Old September 24th, 2005, 08:12 PM
No Spam

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
I've never had a cable subscription.

So?

Old September 24th, 2005, 08:12 PM
No Spam

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Padraig Breathnach writes:

That is one Mixi claim with which we might all agree.

Remember that the next time someone accuses me of contradicting
myself.

How does the one rare time that the forced teamers
agree with you have any bearing on the many more times
when you contradict yourself, or the overwhelming
majority of times when you are so boring that nobody
cares to either agree or disagree?

Old September 24th, 2005, 08:12 PM
No Spam

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
The Reids writes:

so Mixi is 50 years out of date?

As long as only a small minority of the population is left-handed,
being left-handed is abnormal.

Only in so fare as the special Mixi definition of "abnormal"
is used, and such usage is so exceedingly rare that it is
abnormal.

Old September 24th, 2005, 08:12 PM
No Spam

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
DDT Filled Mormons writes:

And they are learning English to try and save their jobs?

No, they are learning English in order to help them in their searches
for new jobs.

so?

Old September 24th, 2005, 08:12 PM
No Spam

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
No. I wonder how many times I'll have to explain this:

You don't have to explain it. Ever. Please don't explain
it. Or anything else. Ever.

Old September 24th, 2005, 08:12 PM
No Spam

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Padraig Breathnach writes:

Is that a basis for accepting your assertions about brain function?

My assertion is that there is no proof at all that there is any
physiologically-based change in language-learning aptitude with age.

And you have no proof to support your assertion. Your
assertion is a dogmatic statement without proof.

Old September 24th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Mxsmanic

No Spam writes:

Only in so fare as the special Mixi definition of "abnormal"
is used, and such usage is so exceedingly rare that it is
abnormal.

The opposite is true. The American Heritage Dictionary and
Merriam-Webster dictionaries both agree with my usage, which they
appear to consider predominant.

Old September 24th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Mxsmanic

No Spam writes:

And you have no proof to support your assertion.

I don't need to prove a negative.

Old September 24th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Mxsmanic

No Spam writes:

How does the one rare time that the forced teamers
agree with you have any bearing on the many more times
when you contradict yourself, or the overwhelming
majority of times when you are so boring that nobody
cares to either agree or disagree?

It shows a revealing inconsistency.