OT----Prince Harry

Old January 17th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:45:50 GMT, Karen Segboer wrote:

At least, if he ever does get around to marrying Camel la, she'll be
too old to breed. For that, the and the world are delighted.

Romanian woman just gave birth at 66.
Old January 17th, 2005, 07:18 PM
smrtypnts

i agree totally

Karen Segboer wrote:

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:30:07 -0500, Fred wrote:

Let the kid be a kid.

Regardless of how you feel about swastikas, the sad thing here is he is
trying to be a kid but rarely is allowed to.

Plus, he absolutely cannot make the same kinds of mistakes in judgment
other kids his age make all the time. I feel sorry for the kid.

Karen

Old January 17th, 2005, 11:33 PM

Frustrated woman who longs to be appreciated by her man = Breasty
Chrissy Cruiser

Old January 18th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Fred

wrote in message
Frustrated woman who longs to be appreciated by her man = Breasty
Chrissy Cruiser

It just ain't gonna work Charles, is it?

Old January 18th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Fred

Old January 18th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Mark \(SF\)

Don't forget that many of the attacks came from Murdoch's News Corp
papers -- and he's been a raging anti-monarchist for years!

....so I suspect that much of the furor (fuehrer?) about an admittedly stupid
act is because he's just keeping things stirred up to further Rupert
Murdoch's own political goals.

Mark

"Benjamin Smith" wrote in message
ink.net...
Karen Selwyn wrote:

Karen Segboer wrote:

Plus, he absolutely cannot make the same kinds of mistakes in judgment
other kids his age make all the time. I feel sorry for the kid.

mrtravel wrote:

He is 20 years old and a member of the British Royal Family, his
behavior is expected to be a bit different than the average "kids his
age".

Since all of this is true, where were the responsible adults in this
situation? Persumably, Harry did not go off alone to shop for his costume
at the mall or stroll down to the museum to borrow the costume.
Presumably, adults were involved in obtaining the costume. Where was the
adult who should have said, "Excuse me sir, but..." ? Since everyone is
trying to grant Harry the same latitude other kids enjoy, let's throw in
a couple of other normal things like family conversation. When did the
following conversation take place?
"What are you going to wear to your costume party Saturday night?"
"You're going to wear what?!? Oh, no you're not."

Frankly, on the basis of Harry's own history, I think he should have
known the Nazi uniform was a horrible idea. He doesn't even have to be
particularly aware of holocaust issues. The people of London suffered
nightly death and destruction at the hands of the Luftwaffe during the
Battle of Britain. The British people experienced all kinds of privation
during the war. His great-grandmother and great-grandfather reigned
through the war; WWII is family history.

Karen Selwyn

I don't know. We routinely dress kids as pirates for Halloween. What did
pirates do? I've seen people dressed up as Hitler in Halloween parties,
another popular face was Idi Amin, and these were adult parties, not kids
parties. If it is a "bad taste" party, then maybe there's a certain edge
in being something sick. He isn't a neo-nazi, it's a one-time deal, we
don't always have to consider history for everything we do, especially if
it is a party and not a continual way of life. And maybe he shows he
understands history by wearing the uniform, it is in extremely bad taste.
That's the theme of the party, the costume, and that is all it is, fits.
Yes, and dressed with an Osama bin Laden face and garb or as Mussolini or
as a clansman would also fit this theme also. How were others at the party
dressed? Was he the only one dressed as a Nazi? Were there other equally
offensive costumes? Let's hear more about the party and context of the
evening rather than this isolated photo that doesn't tell the whole story.

I think relating this social event to history isn't necessary.

Maybe these damned photographers should leave the young man alone, or
whoever photographs well-known people not sell their photograph to
sleaze-bag tabloids of the type that have a certain following in England.

Ben S.