Airfares to Juneau Alaska from Boston ??

Old March 21st, 2004, 02:33 PM
Shawn P. Good

Default From OP Airfares to Juneau Alaska from Boston ??

Listen folks .... I appreciate everyone listing what there is and isn't to
do in Juneau, but if you'd all read my original message correctly the first
time, that's not what I asked. I asked what is the best and least expensive
way to get to Juneau from the Boston area.

I don't care what you all think about activities at my disposal once there.
Like I said in my OP, we have friends there we want to visit. They've just
had their second baby. We haven't seen them in 3 years. Besides all that,
he works for the biggest outdoor outfitting company in Juneau, and so
through and with him we have access to whitewater rafting, sea kayaking,
hiking, glacier walks/kayaking, salmon and halibut fishing, heli-tours and
whatever else we want.

Whoever said we can do all that in 2 or 3 days plus visit our friends is an
idiot.

Shawn

"eric h" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:

PS Why are the vast majority of flights out of Alaska bound for SEA
with either none or very few to YVR? if memory serves me it was a
connx thru SEA anyway.

There are a lot of very long-standing cultural and economic ties between
Seattle and Alaska, and very few between Vancouver and AK. That, and
Vancouver's in a different country.
--
---
"I never had to pretend I felt the lyrics. I could always relate to the

words."
--Teddy Pendergrass

Old March 22nd, 2004, 04:25 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Shawn P. Good" wrote:

Whoever said we can do all that in 2 or 3 days plus visit our friends is an
idiot.

That'd be ,me. won;t feel free to help you with air fares. Go pay
through your nose
Old March 22nd, 2004, 10:27 PM
Shawn P. Good

As if you helped me to begin with. You never mentioned air fares .... only
that there's nothing to do in Juneau, which as I pointed out, was not what I
had asked.

So - bugger off.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 12:35 AM
eric h

Default Airfares to Juneau Alaska from Boston ??

In article ,
Not the Karl Orff wrote:

I don;t think yo need a full day hiking around the mendenhall glacier.
other than mud beaches and flats, there's very little to see other than
the glacier (and I flew in and out of there by AS)

I'm not much of a hiker, but there's easily a day's worth of hikes around
the glacier. Throw in a hike up Mt. Roberts and that's two days. Then
you can get a bit further out the road and chew into the serious stuff.

Of course, if you want, you can also breeze in and out for a day and be
done. As with most places, there's plenty to do if you look for it, but
Juneau probably has a bit more going on for its size than most places. It
certainly has more to see than 99% of the visitors will ever see.
--
---
Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:57 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:33:18 -0500 in rec.travel.usa-canada,
"Shawn P. Good" wrote:

I appreciate everyone listing what there is and isn't to
do in Juneau, but if you'd all read my original message correctly the first
time, that's not what I asked. I asked what is the best and least expensive
way to get to Juneau from the Boston area.

did you miss my answer? you have to watch the e-deals on AS.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
Shawn P. Good

Hi Dennis - I think maybe I missed your post, unless AS is AlaskaAirlines ?
Someone posted saying to check their site on Tuesdays and to sign up for the
newsletter. Was that your post ? If so, thanks ! If not, what is AS ?

Shawn