san francisco from SFO

Old June 27th, 2005, 09:46 AM

'Sawrite.
Icono Clast - A San Franciscan posting from Las Vegas

Old July 17th, 2005, 11:53 AM
SwingCha

It appears that we can safely presume that the information on the
"Don't-miss Sights in San Francisco" page
http://geocities.com/iconoc/Articles/Sights.html, at the site at
Right in the sig, is correct and complete because SlipperySlope has
not, nor has anyone else, said anything to the contrary since
SlipperySlope was invited, longer than four weeks ago - on 6/23/2005
at 04:25, to make a mis-informant of me thus:

.. . . please, "SlipperySlope", if you find an error, tell about it
here. Jump, shout, and carry on in glee about what you found. Of
course, if you don't do that, we can safely presume that you could
find neither an error nor a significant omission as I believe you
cannot. That would mean, of course, that the information on the page
is correct . . .

***

Rather than bitch about me, "SlipperySlope", point out the errors you
find on the "Don't-miss Sights in San Francisco" page
http://geocities.com/iconoc/Articles/Sights.html, at the site at
Right in the sig, and/or contribute its omissions. But please,
"SlipperySlope", if you find an error, tell about it here. If you
don't, we can safely presume that you could not find one as I believe
you won't. That would mean, of course, that the information on the
page is correct.

What you think might be wrong with me isn't relevant. If there's
something wrong with the information at the site, tell me and I'll
correct it. Something missing? I'll add it. A better site? I'll give
it a link. Simple, ¿no?

***

"SlipperySlope" wrote:
Icono Clast's self-importance has made it actually believe: I get
a real kicker out of "Icono Clast" as it so SELF-convinced that
it knows all the (WHEW!) "secrets" about "ESSEFF"

Noöne "knows all the (WHEW!) 'secrets' about" my home. Anyone who
makes that claim is to be doubted.

but the big cracker (note the pun) is that "Icono Clast" is
NOTHING more than another arriver into "ESSEFF" that goes on to
"discover" "ALL" the "GREAT" "THINGS" about "ALL OF" "ESSEFF" and
then goes on to tell everyone that "Icono Clast" "KNOWS ALL"
about "EVERYTHING" about "ESSEFF"......

Really? I've lived here since taking my first breath, at the corner
of Post and Scott.

BUT the PATHETIC thing about "Icono Clast" is NOTHING more than a
pre-dotcom carpetbagger.......go to "Icono Clast"'s website:

http://geocities.com/iconoc/

The "SEE IT ALL" sites in "Icono Clast"'s website says all there
needs to be known about how well "Icono Clast" "knows" about the
REAL SAN FRANCISCO.

The information's for tourists, not us. The phrases "[can] see it
all" and "the real San Francisco" have never been at the site and I
cannot recall having ever used either in this, or any other, forum. A
search for each phrase "did not match any documents".

For those who don't know, the names below are streets.

HERE'S A HINT "Icono Clast": San Bruno [Avenue];

Y'wanna send tourists to that part of town? Why?

San Jose, Brazil, Persia, Russia, Moscow, Athens, Geneva, Phelan,
Miraloma, Plymouth, Broad, Onondaga, Cayuga, ALEMANY, Bosworth,
Chenery,

Those are streets in the Excelsior and Glen Park, not exactly parts
of town for short-term tourists.

Cutler, La Playa, Noreiga, Balboa, Fulton,........

Those streets are in the Parkside, Sunset, and Richmond, not exactly
parts of town for short-term tourists.

though it must really be nice to THINK that YOU know everything
and anything there is to know about SF as shown by your "trust me
this IS IT ABOUT ESSEFF" website.....

Noöne knows "everything and anything there is to know" about my home.
Anyone who makes that claim is to be doubted.

your "trust me this IS IT ABOUT ESSEFF" website.....

Attributing that quote to me is a falsification.

If you know of a site that provides more, more accurate, more useful,
more comprehensive, and/or better information than mine, recommend
it. If I agree, I'll add a link to it. Had you included such a URL,
your post might have had a recognizable point.

BTW: SURELY YOU KNOW THIS: "Hilly streets? Van Ness Avenue? Well,
maybe the last two blocks going down to Aquatic Park...."......
WRONG: Van Ness from Golden Gate to O'Farrell.

[Deleted what I said to quote what punk-tilous said] "What they
consider "hills" in [the Texas hill country] is nothing more that a
bump on the road in the [San Francisco] Bay Area."

HERE'S ANOTHER HINT "Icono Clast": ride a bike (BICYCLE) in
"ESSEFF" and you will find out what consitutes "hills" and
ESPECIALLY with a bicycle you will find THE REAL SAN FRANCISCO.

I've ridden bicycles for thousands of miles here. In fact, I used to
be a bicycle messenger (mentioned at the site). When BART's bicycle
program was initiated, I was among the second hundred to receive a
permit.

Rather than bitch about me, why don't you point out the errors you
can find on the "Don't-miss Sights in San Francisco" page
http://geocities.com/iconoc/Articles/Sights.html at the site at
Right in the sig?

Rather than bitch about me, why don't you suggest adding things that
might have been omitted from the page? Dave Hatunen, a regular in
this group, is credited for the suggestions he's made. So have
National Park Ranger Craig Glassner and radio personality and
restaurateur David Kaye for their contributions. I don't see any
contribution from "SlipperySlope". Rather than bitch about me,
"SlipperySlope", point out the page's errors so that they can be
corrected and/or contribute its omissions so that they can be
included. Simple, ¿no?

But please, "SlipperySlope", if you find an error, tell about it
here. Jump, shout, and carry on in glee about what you found. Of
course, if you don't do that, we can safely presume that you could
find neither an error nor a significant omission as I believe you
cannot. That would mean, of course, that the information on the page
is correct in which case your post is pointless, my response to it of
no value, and the few who might have read this far have wasted their
time.
Un San Francisqueño en San Francisco.
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ - http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 --- IClast at SFbay Net

P.S.
I'll be out of town 'til the Sixth. You have plenty of time to try to
make a mis-informant of me.
Old July 18th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Icono Clast

SwingCha wrote:
It appears that we can safely presume that the information on the
"Don't-miss Sights in San Francisco" page
http://geocities.com/iconoc/Articles/Sights.html, at the site at
Right in the sig, is correct and complete

.. . . by any other name. Sorry for any confusion, uh, other confusion.
Old July 26th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Icono Clast

Posted to another Group as part of a reply to SlipperySlope:

A message under the subject "Don't-miss Sights in San Francisco is
apparently complete and correct" awaits you, SlipperySlope, on
rec.travel.usa-canada.
A San Franciscan in (where else?) San Francisco.
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ - http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 --- IClast at SFbay Net

The following is the message referenced above. If you've already read
it, there's no reason to do so again.