Walt Disney Dolphin Hotel

Old October 7th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Plato

Default Walt Disney Dolphin Hotel

We're looking at staying at the Walt Disney Dolphin Hotel next March,
the rate we've been quoted is $240 per night, which seems kind of
steep. Does anyone have any recommendations for alternative lodging.

We're traveling with 2 small children and would like to stay in a
suite of some type (with kitchenette). We plan on spending most of
our time at Disney, perhaps with a side trip to universal studios.

Thanks in advance.
Plato
Old October 7th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Frank F. Matthews

At the Dolphin & Swan you are paying dearly for access to the parks.
It's your call on the worth. One strange situation the AC is off unless
your room card is in the receptacle. You always come back to a warm
room. FFM

Old October 7th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Shashay Doofray

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message
At the Dolphin & Swan you are paying dearly for access to the parks.
It's your call on the worth. One strange situation the AC is off unless
your room card is in the receptacle. You always come back to a warm
room. FFM

Couldn't you get two keys and keep one in the receptacle?

SD

Old October 7th, 2003, 09:48 PM
H Lem

On 10/07/2003 04:29 AM, Plato wrote:
We're looking at staying at the Walt Disney Dolphin Hotel next March,
the rate we've been quoted is $240 per night, which seems kind of
steep. Does anyone have any recommendations for alternative lodging.

Have you considered any of the other onsite WDW hotels like the Grand Floridian,
Wilderness Lodge or other "deluxe" hotels? (Dolphin and Swan are not considered
part of the Disney Hotels.) Check the disneyworld web site.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/index

We're traveling with 2 small children and would like to stay in a
suite of some type (with kitchenette). We plan on spending most of
our time at Disney, perhaps with a side trip to universal studios.

Perhaps you should try one of the "villas" (aka. "Home away from home resorts")

Thanks in advance.
Plato

--
Howard Lem ***********************************
Univ of Toronto * Spam detterent at work! *

Old October 7th, 2003, 09:50 PM
H Lem

Oops! I also forgot to mention that you should try rec.arts.disney.parks
newsgroup. Lots of well informed disneyphiles there.

Old October 7th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Walt Tucker

There are lots of Walt Disney World lodging options within the park
itself. At the low end are the all-star resorts (All-Star Sports,
All-Star Music, and All-Star Movies). Rooms are small, but the cost is
about half of the Swan and Dolphin (around $100-$120 per night). More
at http://familyfun.go.com/travel/disne...y1200value_tp/.

We stayed at the Coronado, which is a pretty nice place, great pools and
water slide, about 2/3 the cost of the Swan and Dolphin. We paid around
$160/night in 2000. Costs vary by season.

Although the Swan and Dolphin are nice for their convienient access to
Epcot, all Disney properties are furnished by a free shuttle bus that
can get you anywhere within the park. Buses come at 20 minute intervals
and run from very early morning until late at night.

You might want to stop by a bookstore and pick up a copy of "The
Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World With Kids". Very handy when you
are visiting the parks. Lots of good information about lodging, too.

-- Walt

Old October 8th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Gail Sperling

If you do end up staying at the Dolphin be sure to object to the extra
$10/night resort fee they charge for newspaper, in room coffee, internet
access and use of exercise facilities. This is automatically added to your
room rate. If you object to it they will likely take it off. When you're
paying the room rates they charge this should be included.

Also, when you drive up for registration don't let them park your car. It's
$10/day for valet parking.

The resort is fine but as with all Disney properties it's overpriced because
of the convenience.

Gail

news

Old October 8th, 2003, 04:10 PM
MTV

Plato wrote:
We're looking at staying at the Walt Disney Dolphin Hotel next March,
the rate we've been quoted is $240 per night, which seems kind of
steep. Does anyone have any recommendations for alternative lodging.

We're traveling with 2 small children and would like to stay in a
suite of some type (with kitchenette). We plan on spending most of
our time at Disney, perhaps with a side trip to universal studios.

Thanks in advance.
Plato

If you like the convenience and perks that come with staying in WDW resort
you could also stay at the Ft. Wilderness campground on site in a rental
travel trailer. Our kids loved being able to see the evening light shows on
the lake and being first in line at the Magic Kingdom.

Marv

Old October 8th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Martin Sagara

Walt Tucker wrote in message ...
There are lots of Walt Disney World lodging options within the park
itself. At the low end are the all-star resorts (All-Star Sports,
All-Star Music, and All-Star Movies). Rooms are small, but the cost is
about half of the Swan and Dolphin (around $100-$120 per night).

I've stayed at the Beach Club and the All-Star Movie Resort. Walking
access to Epcot from the Beach Club was terrific but it did cost more.
The All-Star Movie Resort was much less expensive but involved more
"bus time". I think my kids liked it better with its monster-sized
pool and convenient cafeteria. The cafeteria sold drink mugs with
lids for $5 (I think). I was wondering who would pay $5 for a plastic
mug then I found out that you get unlimited refills with it. We
brought those cups with us to every meal there and went back to the
cafeteria for free drinks about four times a day. The kids loved it
and so did I. ;^)

Martin
Old October 10th, 2003, 10:07 AM
jennifer cook

MTV wrote in message ...
Plato wrote:
We're looking at staying at the Walt Disney Dolphin Hotel next March,
the rate we've been quoted is $240 per night, which seems kind of
steep. Does anyone have any recommendations for alternative lodging.

We're traveling with 2 small children and would like to stay in a
suite of some type (with kitchenette). We plan on spending most of
our time at Disney, perhaps with a side trip to universal studios.

Thanks in advance.
Plato

If you like the convenience and perks that come with staying in WDW resort
you could also stay at the Ft. Wilderness campground on site in a rental
travel trailer. Our kids loved being able to see the evening light shows on
the lake and being first in line at the Magic Kingdom.

Marv

im planning on going to the Dolphin Hotel it looks fantastic compared
to other hotels ive seen but its very very very expensive! i want to
be near the parks as i dont know very much about the traveling systems
there can anyone help with recommendations of alternative lodging?