Dorney Park or Hershey Park in Pennsylvania

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:20 AM
Anonymous

Default Dorney Park or Hershey Park in Pennsylvania

We need advice from those who have been to either of these
two parks.
We are grandparents, capable and able, with two (10 and 5
year old) grandchildren.
This adventure would encompass three full days excluding
travel days which is roughly two hour drive from home.
It's my understanding that there are other things to do in
LeHigh Valley in June (22-26) so would most likley only
spend two days at the park...does that sound like enough
time or should we allow 3 full days at the park.
Last year we went to Sesame Street waterpark and amusement
park and had two very long jam packed days. The kids never
got tired; we did!

secondly we have in mind that The Wingate Inn in Allentown
would be an okay place to stay...any comments about that. We
like the indoor pool and complimentary breakfast. Clean and
nice vicinity.

our alternative plan is Hershey Park which when compared to
Dorney Park seems smaller and less active.
Thanks in advance

--

all incoming and outgoing mail scanned with Norton AntiVirus
protection
Old August 3rd, 2004, 09:04 AM
stormyweather

.no-spam.invalid (Anonymous) wrote in message
[...]

I've been to both parks and my impression was that Hershey was larger and
generally more attractive with a better selection of rides. Two days at
the park sounds like more than enough time.

Try rec.roller-coaster for more detailed advice.