TERRORIST ATTACK ON AIRPORT IN HAWAII

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Anonymous

Default DC Metro Interconnects

Keith F. Lynch wrote:
Brian Robinson OR Carol Goter Robinson OR Bill Robinson

wrote:
but legitimizes driving to the Metro station as the most popular
and acceptible way of utilizing the Metro system, further dragging
us down the road of a BART-like commuter system in the course of
government efforts to promote an entirely tangential homeland
security device (SmartTrip).

I'm not familiar with BART. How does it differ from DC's Metro?

I'm not sure about the salient differences, but as a one-time BART
commuter
(and a BART user as recently as three weeks ago) there's no problem
paying
with cash for a paper ticket just like DC Metro.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos and tales from around the world:
http://travel.u.nu

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Anonymous

"Keith A. Glass" wrote:

On 23 Mar 2004 23:27:46 -0500, "Keith F. Lynch"

wrote:

John R Cambron * wrote:
If you had read the media reports you would have learned that WMATA
did an audit and found it was losing thousands of dollars from
pilferage by the employees that worked for the contractor that was
operating the parking lots.

Millions. There are, of course, ways to prevent such pilferage that
don't involve abolishing cash. Safeway seems to manage it.

You REALLY expect the DC Metro system to implement a RATIONAL,
CONSUMER-DRIVEN system ?

You must be on some really GREAT drugs. . . .The same DC Metro that,
until recently, kept its' bathrooms locked, and is locking them

again

The restrooms on the WMATA metrorail were never intended for use
by the public. I have no trouble with them being closed to the
public.

Ever wanted one of these John R Cambron
http://205.130.220.18/~cambronj/wmata/ or
Hebron MD USA

http://www.chesapeake.net/~cambronj/wmata/
--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:16 AM
spamatyourownrisk@bigroun

Default On Terror

Terror.

I'm canadian, so you'll have to excuse my... ignorance? What exactly
constitutes an act of terror? Does CNN have to report it as having
been the
work of known terrorists before it's considered terrorism?
Does it have to be political? The nature of the word leads me to
believe
that any action that is intended to produce 'terror' is an act of
terorrism.

Recent examples of acts meant to insight terror include:

The USA's "Shock and Awe" campaign and ensueing and continuing armed
conflict.

Todd Bertuzzi's Sucker Punch on Steve Moore.

My Ex-Girlfriend threatening to go on an unchecked spending orgy until
my
credit is maxed out and worthless.

I'd appreciate some American insight on this issue... according to
popular
media, we're living in an era where terrorism runs rampid. So much so
that
everyone's ready to sign their freedom away to make sure they don't
get
terrorized. Canada has been mentioned repeatedly as the terrorist
entry
point to the US and a possible terrorist target. It would be nice to
know
what to watch for.
A.funk
--multiplaza.nl.nu--