TERRORIST ATTACK ON AIRPORT IN HAWAII

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:25 AM

Default Count On....

New York and San Francisco both have congestion-pricing charges for
motorists now.
"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
On 7/8/2004 1:31 AM "Mike Donovan" spake thus:

My predictions coming to pass as a program on Discovery-Times called
"Going Nowhere, Fast", the websites www.#######.com.

www.#######.org.
www.########.org, www.carbusters.org, ############# websites, and
################# predicting the demise of the automobile, the

tearing up of
roads, the downsizing of cities and metropolitan areas, cities
converting to ######## status, and ############### such as

Acrosanti,

Correction: Arcosanti is not, nor will it probably ever be, a city.

It is
work-in-progress and minor tourist attraction on I-17 between

Phoenix and
Flagstaff.

So long as you keep posting these outrageous claims, I'll keep

correcting
them.

--
Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a
really easy way: stop participating in it.

- Noam Chomsky

--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Anonymous

Default Cute hotels required ;)

In article ,
"elise" wrote:

Hi, I'm in the middle of trip planning right now, and feeling

overloaded by
too much information!!!!

I managed to get 2 tickets (by being bumped last year) from the UK

to LA
March 26 and returning 2 weeks later on April 9 from SF.

No hotel bookings made yet as I still have a trip to Barcelona -

next week
and Paris - end of August to enjoy so don't want my brain cluttered

too much.

My itenary reads like this so far:
Day 1 -March 26 - Flight - LHR - LA land at 13.15 - Hotel?
Day 2- -March 27 -LA - Disney - sorry but I love it here!
Day 3 - March 28 - LA
Day 4 - March 29 - Catch Coast Starlight (Amtrak) up to San Luis

Obispo and
stay at Madonna Inn for 2 nights
Day 5 - March 30 - Catch CS for Salem
Day 6- march 31 - Catch CS(as above) for Salem - overnighting on

the train
and arriving mid afternoon.
Day 7 -April 1- Stay overnight in Salem
Day 8 - April 2 - Catch CS up to Seattle - arriving in the evening
Day 9 - April 3 -all day in Seattle
Day 10- April 4 - Leave Seattle via CS and travel down to San Jose -
overnighting and arriving at 10 in the am. - Day 11 - April 5 -

Stay in San
Jose overnight
Day 12 -April 6 - Leave San Jose and catch train to Emeryville then

transfer
onto Bus for San Francisco, arriving at 5ish pm.
Day 13 - April 7 - My Birthday - 40 years Old - OMG!!!!!!!! Have to

do
something really special!!!
Day 14 - April 8 - ???? Recover from hangover - visit Ghiradellis?

- lol
Day 15 - April 9 - Fly out of SF at 18.55, getting to London 10th

April
13.30ish.

I love hotels like the Madonna Inn. Can anyone suggest any similar

at the
stops I'm making. Itenary isn't fixed in stone as I will be getting

rail
passes from Amtrak - just have to reserve the overnights as we want

sleepers
but I will do that about Xmas time.

With a marathon itinerary like your's, I am surprised you even have
time
in your schedule to sleep or eat. To each his own, but I would just
pick
two or three cities on that route and spend some time there, rather
than
spending more time traveling than actually seeing sights, but that's
just me. As for hotels? I have no idea since my only criteria for a
hotel is to be clean, conveniently located, and comfortable. I don't
really care what they look like as long as they provide basic shelter.
--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Anonymous

Default Maui

Snorkelling, Surfing, Windsurfing, Hiking, a luau, drive to Hana,
drive
up-country to Kula, Ulapalakua and a visit to the crater at Haleakala
-- are the most popular things to do. You can rent the watersports
equipment very easily, you definately NEED a rental car and you can
pick up a map at any gas station.

(snorkelling is best in South Maui, surfing is available in Lahaina
and
Kihei and North shore, windsurf at Kanaha, watch the Pro surfers at
Ho'okipa lookout)

Lahaina is a tourist center and should be fun for your first visit.
Halloween is a big night in town with parades, bands, and other
festivities. Walking the length of Front street and checking out the
various art galleries, having a drink at Kimo's, plate lunch at Aloha
Mixed Plate are some things to do. Lahaina has two excellent luau's:
Feast at Lele (polynesian) or Old Lahaina Luau (hawaiian). There is an
arts 'n crafts fair/gathering at the Banyan Tree, on most weekends.

Maui is expensive but you can be frugal in many ways. Buy lunch
supplies from the Foodland grocery store, try local cuisine (plate
lunches, very filling). Gas prices are ridiculous ($2.65/gal), and
breakfast can be as expensive as dinner at Denny's or regular
restaurants. Check out smaller places like House of Saimin (Old
Lahaina
Shopping Center), Sunrise Cafe (off Front Street, across from Baldwin
House) or Breakwall Cafe (also Front St).

Pick up MauiTime Weekly (free) -- at most gas stations, convenience
stores --they have local news/events/happenings and a price guide to
all the restaurants.

Here are some links that maybe helpful:
Event Calendar for October:
http://www.alternative-hawaii.com/mauoct.htm