Airfares to Juneau Alaska from Boston ??

Old March 19th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Shawn P. Good

Default Airfares to Juneau Alaska from Boston ??

Hello :

My wife and I have friends in Juneau, Alaska that we want to visit this
summer. We live in Vermont, and are close to the Manchester New Hampshire,
Albany New York, and Boston airports.

I've spent some time online (www.alaskaair.com, www.travelocity.com) looking
up ticket costs. Seems like everything connects through Seattle, which
makes sense, but the cheapest airfares I can find were $596pp round trip
Boston to Juneau, on AlaskaAir.

Never having flow further west than Denver, I have no idea if that's a good
deal or not. Or, if I could get better deals somewhere. I haven't tried
Orbitz, or bidding on Priceline.

If there's anyone with experience flying to Alaska from the East Coast, I'd
love to hear from you !

Thanks -- Shawn

Old March 19th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Shawn P. Good" wrote:

Hello :

My wife and I have friends in Juneau, Alaska that we want to visit this
summer. We live in Vermont, and are close to the Manchester New Hampshire,
Albany New York, and Boston airports.

I've spent some time online (www.alaskaair.com, www.travelocity.com) looking
up ticket costs. Seems like everything connects through Seattle, which
makes sense, but the cheapest airfares I can find were $596pp round trip
Boston to Juneau, on AlaskaAir.

That's actually quite good. SEA-JNU r/t runs anywhere from $300 + up.
You might be able to get a better fare by buying BOS/PVD/MHT-SEA and a
seperate SEA-JNU. If you do, try to leave a day or 2 at SEA either end
to look around. 2-3 whole days in Juneau is enough to see just about
everything even if you do a lot of hiking.
Old March 20th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:49:59 -0500 in rec.travel.usa-canada,
"Shawn P. Good" wrote:

I've spent some time online (www.alaskaair.com, www.travelocity.com) looking
up ticket costs. Seems like everything connects through Seattle, which
makes sense, but the cheapest airfares I can find were $596pp round trip
Boston to Juneau, on AlaskaAir.

be sure to check alaska airlines' e-deals on their website every
tuesday at 5 p.m. pacific time until friday at 10 p.m. they are
just now starting to have e-deal sale prices for june.

the worst problem is that alaska is the only carrier serving
southeastern alaska. it costs those of us here in juneau more to
fly to seattle than folks in anchorage who are twice as far away
from seattle. but then, there's competition on the anchorage
routes.

Old March 20th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:16:24 GMT in rec.travel.usa-canada, Not
the Karl Orff wrote:

2-3 whole days in Juneau is enough to see just about
everything even if you do a lot of hiking.

uh, he said that he was coming to visit friends. and if you
think you can "see everything" here in 2 or 3 days, you really
are a superficial person.

Old March 21st, 2004, 06:48 AM
eric h

In article ,
wrote:

PS Why are the vast majority of flights out of Alaska bound for SEA
with either none or very few to YVR? if memory serves me it was a
connx thru SEA anyway.

There are a lot of very long-standing cultural and economic ties between
Seattle and Alaska, and very few between Vancouver and AK. That, and
Vancouver's in a different country.
--
---
"I never had to pretend I felt the lyrics. I could always relate to the words."