Why do people live in Florida?

Old September 7th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Budman

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:38:56 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 16:25:48 -0400, IN-10-CITY wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:30:43 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 13:23:08 -0400, Budman
wrote:

The Brothers Bush had the monopoly a few years back with Dubya in
Texas and Jeb in Florida. How's that for compassionate conservatism
:-)

Seems their constituents liked em. They kept getting voted back into
office. Still do too. G

Gunner

King George lost the popular vote. Someone back me up, because I'm
not sure if he's the only one to do so.

The popular vote means dick in the grand scheme of things, as the
Founders intended. One should also note that Dubya was reelected to
an unprecedented second term in Texas as a Republican governor. He
resigned that post to run for President. Seems that the Texans liked
him. Even the Democratic ones as he got 66+% of the vote.

Now about Ann Richards...chuckle....

Gunner

That Texans find Dubya OK speaks more to the poor judgement of the
populace than to the success or qualifications of the office holder.

....."we need to get rid of that guy Sammy Sosa" ....
.... George Bush while running the Texas baseball franchise.

Old September 7th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Jean O'Boyle

Budman,
This is rec.travel.cruise.. a newsgroup about cruising . Would you please
stop cross posting?

Thank you.

Old September 7th, 2004, 04:46 AM
Budman

Sorryabout that - I simplly replied from a different NG without paying
attention, Happy travels.

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:43:44 GMT, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

Budman,
This is rec.travel.cruise.. a newsgroup about cruising . Would you please
stop cross posting?

Thank you.

.. .

Old September 7th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Peter L

puzzled wrote in message
A massive hurricane seems to hit Florida every few years. I really don't
understand why people continue to live there. Don't they get tired of

having
to evacuate every summer, and having their houses destroyed? Someone

explain
this to me.

Maybe they should live in tornado alley, or earthquake country. Maybe
Buffalo.