Property Rights vs. Human Rights in the USA

Old September 5th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Icono Clast

Default Property Rights vs. Human Rights in the USA

Three days ago I said:
The victims are our fellow citizens of the United States of
America. Most of the stranded are poor and Black because, for the
most part, they ARE Black and poor. Were they neither poor nor
Black, would the rescue efforts differ?

I am appalled and disgusted by the obvious lack of concern for our
fellow citizens being demonstrated by the Bush Administration.

Day 'fore yesterday I said:
Last week, I thought I couldn't possibly think less of that
despicably arrogant and incompetent son of Connecticut
aristocracy.

A few minutes ago, I heard the mayor of New Orleans say he didn't
know whether allowing so many of our fellow citizens to die from
dehydration and hunger was the result of (in paraphrase) "class or
race". He also used "property rights" and "human rights" (see subject
above) in the same sentence.

Zhu De wrote:
God help these people

It already did! Now it's our turn: http://redcross.org.
Thank God I'm an Atheist.
http://geocities.com/dancefest / - http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098 103 --- IClast at SFbay Net
Old September 5th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Nile

Icono Clast wrote:

I heard the mayor of New Orleans say he didn't know whether allowing

so many of our fellow citizens to die from dehydration and hunger was
the result of (in paraphrase) "class or race".

The moron just keeps talking. "Allowing" them to die of dehydration and
starvation? When he supplied the Superdome and the convention center
with neither food nor water? (Who in New Orleans died of starvation in
less than a week, by the way?) When he failed to follow his own
evacuation plan, to use buses to get the poor out of town? How many
vans do you think the mayor had running on election day, ferrying those
very same people to the polls?

And all he can do is blame others and now play the race card.
Despicable AND incompetent.

Old September 5th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Nile

Icono Clase wrote:

Last week, I thought I couldn't possibly think less of that

despicably arrogant and incompetent son of Connecticut aristocracy.
A few minutes ago, I heard the mayor of New Orleans say he didn't know
whether allowing so many of our fellow citizens to die from dehydration
and hunger was the result of (in paraphrase) "class or race".

And since you too keep throwing the race card into it, let's hear it:
What's your evidence that George Bush, personally and alone, held back
relief because the victims were black? Please, articulate for us how he
manipulated a federal relief plan that provides (as do all such plans)
that the local government will be in charge for the first few days
before federal relief can arrive.

Enlighten us.

Or was it just a cheap partisan shot? In that case, please articulate
for us how it helps to take cheap partisan shots in a time of national
emergency?

Old September 5th, 2005, 05:41 PM
sechumlib

Nile wrote:
Icono Clase wrote:

[...]

Your posting is a cheap partisan shot.
Old September 6th, 2005, 03:40 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Day 'fore yesterday I said:

Last week, I thought I couldn't possibly think less of that despicably
arrogant and incompetent son of Connecticut
aristocracy.

A few minutes ago, I heard the mayor of New Orleans say he didn't
know whether allowing so many of our fellow citizens to die from
dehydration and hunger was the result of (in paraphrase) "class or
race". He also used "property rights" and "human rights" (see subject
above) in the same sentence.

Clearly race. Primarily black New Orleans gets help and primarily white
nearby locals get nothing.

Old September 6th, 2005, 03:41 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Nile wrote:

Icono Clast wrote:

I heard the mayor of New Orleans say he didn't know whether allowing

so many of our fellow citizens to die from dehydration and hunger was
the result of (in paraphrase) "class or race".

The moron just keeps talking. "Allowing" them to die of dehydration and
starvation? When he supplied the Superdome and the convention center
with neither food nor water? (Who in New Orleans died of starvation in
less than a week, by the way?) When he failed to follow his own
evacuation plan, to use buses to get the poor out of town? How many
vans do you think the mayor had running on election day, ferrying those
very same people to the polls?

And all he can do is blame others and now play the race card.
Despicable AND incompetent.

Yes. The photos of the NO busses sitting there flooded should get the
idiot run out of town.

Old September 6th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Windcat

Yes. The photos of the NO busses sitting there flooded should get the
idiot run out of town.

Or, run INTO town.
Old September 6th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Icono Clast

Nile wrote:
Icono Clase wrote:
Last week, I thought I couldn't possibly think less of that
despicably arrogant and incompetent son of Connecticut
aristocracy. A few minutes ago, I heard the mayor of New
Orleans say he didn't know whether allowing so many of our
fellow citizens to die from dehydration and hunger was the
result of (in paraphrase) "class or race".

And since you too keep throwing the race card into it, let's hear
it: What's your evidence that George Bush, personally and alone,
held back relief because the victims were black?

I do not believe that the White House resident is personally a
racist. In fact, I believe that most Southerners his age and younger
are not [Please see THE NEW(!) SOUTH
http://geocities.com/iconoc/Articles/TheSouth.html at the site at
Right in the sig.]

Nor do I believe that he "held back relief" for any reason. It
appears that he did absolutely nothing to provide relief to anyone
for far longer than is within the bounds of normal decency, morality
and leadership.

Please, articulate for us how he manipulated a federal relief plan
that provides (as do all such plans) that the local government
will be in charge for the first few days before federal relief can
arrive.

In charge/out charge, we all saw that nothing was being done. Who
among us would not have ordered every emergency agency within, say,
200, miles to get their asses down there to do whatever they could
with whatever they had?

Enlighten us.

Just did.

Or was it just a cheap partisan shot? In that case, please articulate
for us how it helps to take cheap partisan shots in a time of national
emergency?

In a time of national emergency, when lives are at stake, there is no
place for partisanship. I would be equally vehement against any
incompetent idiot obviously lacking any sense of humanity and/or empathy.
Remembering Ronald Reagan: Let Us Remember Lest We Forget
http://geocities.com/iconoc/Articles/rReagan.html#t
Old September 6th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Keith W

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
news:1126005210.99929e4d25e8479a09431f8888360ad0@t eranews...
Nile wrote:
Icono Clase wrote:
[...]

And yet I see not a word of criticism of the officials at state
and city levels who opened storm refuges like the
superdome and made no attempt to stock them with food
or water.

The simple reality is that the disaster plans for the state were
supposed to be based on the premise that federal aid
would not arrive for between 72 and 96 hours and that
the state and city should have stockpiles to cover the
intervening period.

They failed to accumulate those stockpiles as they failed
to mobilise the national guard and evacuate those without
their own transport. The disaster plan called for the
school bus fleet to be used for evacuating the latter
group. Those school buses never moved from their
now flooded compound.

There were indeed failures all round but most egregious
were those at state and city level who are the people
elected to serve and protect the local population.

Keith

Old September 7th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Hatunen

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 02:40:35 GMT, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

Clearly race. Primarily black New Orleans gets help and primarily white
nearby locals get nothing.

The population of New Orleans proper was 80% black, and New
Orleans proper is the part of the area that flooded, so certainly
blacks are getting most of the help there.