Property Rights vs. Human Rights in the USA

Old September 8th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Hatunen wrote:
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 02:40:35 GMT, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

Clearly race. Primarily black New Orleans gets help and primarily white
nearby locals get nothing.

The population of New Orleans proper was 80% black, and New
Orleans proper is the part of the area that flooded, so certainly
blacks are getting most of the help there.

There was serious flooding and no attention in several adjacent parishes.

Old September 8th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Dave Smith

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote:

The population of New Orleans proper was 80% black, and New
Orleans proper is the part of the area that flooded, so certainly
blacks are getting most of the help there.

There was serious flooding and no attention in several adjacent parishes.

There certainly was serious flooding in adjacent parishes, and we know about
it from the media coverage. New Orleans got the lion's share of the coverage
because it is a major city and because of the scope of the damage, but from
the media coverage I have seen, the other areas have also been covered. I have
seen the coverage and I don't live in the US.

Old September 8th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Hatunen

wrote:

Clearly race. Primarily black New Orleans gets help and primarily white
nearby locals get nothing.

The population of New Orleans proper was 80% black, and New
Orleans proper is the part of the area that flooded, so certainly
blacks are getting most of the help there.

There was serious flooding and no attention in several adjacent parishes.

I said getting most of the attention *there*. Now are you sure it
isn't that there was no *media* attention in nearby parishes and
theremay have actually been as much real attention? In any case,
the adjacent parishes aren't below sea level and therefor not
flooded to the extent of NO.