Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Old July 27th, 2006, 04:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Sechumlib and Maxx are two bigots .You feel like a big beef?
MAXXimum bigotry .

--
Sent via Travel Newsgroups
http://www.travelnewsgroups.com
Old July 27th, 2006, 04:24 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

YA! AVOID EDMONTONThat clicked you to defend Edmonton.

Old July 27th, 2006, 04:27 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

Watch out ! Maxx has gay phobia.

Old July 27th, 2006, 04:43 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Maxx

gel wrote:
i guess you might be from New-York and you voted for Bush.
When the Bush's are in power the price of gazolines hits record high.
It will cost a lot in fuel cost to drive to Louisiana.

What the hell are you babbling about?
You're Gas (or gazolines, as you call it),
is more expensive than ours!!!

So what's you're point? You're showing more ignorance with every post
you make.

Old July 27th, 2006, 07:09 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Doug Smith W9WI

Sapphyre wrote:
I just looked that up, and that's almost unbelieveable (since there are
highways and towns to pass through to give one an indication they are
going the wrong way). I pressume they got lost trying to find their way
back?

Yeah, we thought it was pretty unbelievable too... No, when you leave
downtown Madison you take a city street down to the freeway ("Beltline")
and either turn east towards Milwaukee or west towards Iowa. East/West
is very well marked, though I don't recall if it's also marked with
which city is in which direction. (it was probably different in the
1970s) Once they made their wrong turn, they just kept on going.....

The way I see it, if I didn't see things I'd seen on the way
down, I'd figure I was going the wrong way. But I'm no brainiac on the
road,

At the time, the road west of Madison was a LOT worse (narrower,
hillier, went through more towns) than it is today. Even today, it's a
VERY different road from the one east of town. Yes, you'd sure think
someone would have noticed the difference!

I've gotten lost on poorly marked roads that were not on my map
(or I didn't know which regional road I was on, which I was crossing,
and there were no landmarkers.) I always figure if I stay on the road
I'm lost on, I can't get more lost, I can just waste time and turn
around and go back the way I came. If I keep making turns, I can get
more lost.

I think that's a good philosophy.

Last time I was lost, it was in central Nova Scotia. Got off on some
unnumbered roads trying to get from Truro to the south shore - and found
myself back on the *north* shore instead. Just turned around and sure
enough, in about an hour I was where I wanted to be. I'd imagine the
two locals who saw me during my 2 hours in the woods wondered what
someone from Tennessee was doing wandering their dirt roads... (but it
was well worth the effort, the NS south shore is stunningly beautiful)

The most lost I've been is 30 miles outside of where I live. I tend to
be less brave while travelling and not wander off onto unmarked roads
trying to find stuff without the appropriate map.

I tend to get lost when maps prove inaccurate or vague. Managed twice
to get - well, not *lost*, but off the intended path & without a full
plan to get back - when onramps marked on maps of NYC turned out to not
exist. But I saw interesting neighborhoods both times so again, it was
worth it.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old July 27th, 2006, 09:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

"gel" wrote in message
I wonder how the roads are in New Orleans. Were the roads badly
damage by hurrican Katrina?

The roads were not nearly as damaged as you are. I've been told that the
damage that did occur was directly the result of Edmonton. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI or

Old July 27th, 2006, 09:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

"Maxx" wrote in message
oups.com...
gel wrote:

I do not know much about the interstates.Although the story about the
Texas troopers is true.

You have no idea what Texas Troopers are like.

As though all Texas troopers are exactly alike. KM

Old July 27th, 2006, 09:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Alohacyberian

"Pat O'Connell" wrote in message
. ..
Alohacyberian wrote:
"Pat O'Connell" wrote in message
. ..
Caveat wrote:
"Sapphyre" wrote:
and then off to Albuquerque to shop
for handicrafts.

Santa Fe is good for that, too. And a nicer town.

SF is pretty, but the handicrafts (and restaurants) will be more
expensive there than in Albuquerque's Old Town.

But, don't you get what you pay for? I'm willing to pay a little more
for better quality. KM

The thing is, as long as you buy genuine Indian made jewelry (the stuff
sold in NM and AZ anyway, where the fake stuff is not allowed to be
marketed as Indian Made) you will probably be getting the same product
from the same craftspeople in Abq., SF, or Taos (and in AZ shops as well).
SF shops (and to a lesser degree, Taos shops) have to charge more than
Abq., because land and shop rents are more expensive there than in Abq.
Shops that have particularly high quality goods but aren't in Old Town
include Bien Mur at I-25 and Tramway, Maisel's on Central Ave. Downtown,
and Gertrude Zachary on Lomas a short way east of Old Town. The Santo
Domingo Trading Post in Old Town sells a lot of "old pawn" jewelry with a
lot of age and character.

Some SF restaurants are very nice indeed, but there are also good places
to eat in Abq. and Taos, and in some small towns you've never heard of
like Chimayo and Espanola. It helps to know a local to scout the good
stuff out of course.

Well, if I'm to choose an eatery or a place to shop, I'll pick Santa Fe and
Taos any day over Albuquerque, if only for the ambience! :-) Visiting big
cities just doesn't cut it compared to the alternative! KM

Old July 27th, 2006, 09:09 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Alohacyberian

"Steve" wrote in message
Alohacyberian wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

Name a state where that distinction is drawn.

LOL! If you don't want to believe it, then don't. I'm not your lackey
and suggest you do your own homework. Got Google? KM

You're the one making the assertion. You clearly have no proof.

This is the Usenet, I'm not interested in "proof". If you don't want to
believe it, then don't. I'm not interested in entering your mental
masturbation. KM

Old July 27th, 2006, 09:09 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Alohacyberian

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
You're right about the Prelude's speeds - he's wondering whether you
went that fast, and while I've seen racers do about 110 on I-91 in
Connecticut, 140 sounds above any speed I've ever witnessed on any
highway, so I'm also skeptical. Anyway, Toronto does NOT get "much
warmer" in the summer than it does in Hawaii. A few days may have highs
into the 90's, but Hawaii is consistently warmer (and more humid, to
boot).

You're right. When he posted about having been to Toronto twice, arriving
once in
winter when the temperature was several degrees colder than the record
cold, and
then in the summer on a day when the temperature was several degrees
warmer than
the record high. What an amazing coincidence that each trip was not only a
record
setter, but exceeded current records. Then when he boasts about his
highway speed
I am reminded of the credibility gap.

Then again, who knows if your assertions are true? Your M.O. has always
been to ignore the point and pounce on some sideline trivia in order to
derail the conversation into your desire to make personal attacks and get
away from the issues under discussion. KM