High resolution photos from Brisbane & Sydney

Old August 23rd, 2005, 11:37 AM
nicke

Default High resolution photos from Brisbane & Sydney

G'day all,

I'm looking for photos from Brisbane & Sydney which I can enlarge and
put up as pictura in my appartment. I found two very good websites.
1. http://photosau.com/
2. http://www.photolibrary.com

But these images are all quite expensive.

Does anyone know where I might find similar pics... but for free.

Thanks
Johan

Old August 24th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Scotty

"nicke" wrote in message
oups.com...
G'day all,

I'm looking for photos from Brisbane & Sydney which I can enlarge and
put up as pictura in my appartment. I found two very good websites.
1. http://photosau.com/
2. http://www.photolibrary.com

But these images are all quite expensive.

Does anyone know where I might find similar pics... but for free.

Thanks
Johan

Try www.googleearth.com

get free pics of anywhere.

Old August 24th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Geoff Murray

Hi Johan,

I need someone to work for me but most people seem just too expensive. Would
you like to work for me for free?
Pro photographers spend many thousands of dollars on high quality equipment
and use a lot of time and expertise getting these photos. And you want them
for free??

Geoff
www.geoffmurray.com

Old August 24th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"Geoff Murray" wrote in message
Hi Johan,

I need someone to work for me but most people seem just too expensive.

Would
you like to work for me for free?
Pro photographers spend many thousands of dollars on high quality

equipment
and use a lot of time and expertise getting these photos. And you want

them
for free??

Geoff
www.geoffmurray.com

With a name like Johan he is probably Dutch!
It shows. :-)

Gerrit - Oz (but born in Holland)

Old August 24th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Frank Slootweg

Gerrit 't Hart wrote:

"Geoff Murray" wrote in message
Hi Johan,

I need someone to work for me but most people seem just too
expensive. Would you like to work for me for free? Pro
photographers spend many thousands of dollars on high quality
equipment and use a lot of time and expertise getting these photos.
And you want them for free??

Geoff
www.geoffmurray.com

With a name like Johan he is probably Dutch!
It shows. :-)

I heard that! :-) But Geoff is right (my very close relative being a
professional photographer (currently in Oz) and all).

Gerrit - Oz (but born in Holland)

Old August 25th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Fred

"Frank Slootweg" wrote in message
Gerrit 't Hart wrote:

"Geoff Murray" wrote in message
Hi Johan,

I need someone to work for me but most people seem just too
expensive. Would you like to work for me for free? Pro
photographers spend many thousands of dollars on high quality
equipment and use a lot of time and expertise getting these photos.
And you want them for free??

Geoff
www.geoffmurray.com

Good on you for asking. Many people would be glad to share their photos with
you. It's just a matter of finding them. A little like singers really - and
even radio announcers, many are there for fun - not money. Just ignore the
above.

Old August 25th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Kerry

"Geoff Murray"
So Fred, you obviously donate your time to a charity and don't expect
payment??

Geoff

Hold on, the guy only wants a pic or two for his bedroom. It's not as if
he's going to use it commercially.

I'm an amateur photographer and generally only work in low res digital. I
put all my pics on the net for safe keeping. I put an ad or two on each page
which well and truely pays for hosting with a few bucks left over.

Occassionally people want to use one of my pics! The fact that I'm an
amateur, I'm happy to let them use them, in fact delighted. A few times
people have actaully paid me! Wow I'm a professional!!!. - ...just joking.

Seriously, as an amateur I'm happy to allow someone use a pic of mine for
his bedroom. Here's a few I dragged up but unfortuneately they're all low
res. But you can use them if you like. Now that hosting has got cheaper I'm
gradually moving to high res.

Coogee Beach pics on Australia day 2003
http://coogeebeach.capebyron.com
Sydney Harbour by Sydney Ferry
http://sydneyharbour.capebyron.com

Cheers

Kerry

Old August 25th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Peter Webb

Gerrit 't Hart wrote:

"Geoff Murray" wrote in message
Hi Johan,

I need someone to work for me but most people seem just too
expensive. Would you like to work for me for free? Pro
photographers spend many thousands of dollars on high quality
equipment and use a lot of time and expertise getting these photos.
And you want them for free??

Geoff
www.geoffmurray.com

Good on you for asking. Many people would be glad to share their photos
with you. It's just a matter of finding them. A little like singers
really - and even radio announcers, many are there for fun - not money.
Just ignore the above.

What an asshole you are.

The guy just wanted to know if anybody had any photos from their holidays he
could have. He wasn't asking professional photographers to undertake special
work for free.

If he asked for travel advice, would you go into some tirade about how he
should be paying a tour guide?

When you cuddle up to your wife at night, does she go on about how hookers
expect hundreds of dollars for this service?

Not everybody does stuff only for money. Some people do it because they are
nice. I have thousands of photos of Sydney, including hundreds of my back
yard. If the OP is a little more specific about exactly what he wants, I
will post them somewhere. In the mean time, perhaps you should enquire first
as to whether anybody is interested in paying for your opinions, and if they
aren't, why not FOAD?

Old August 25th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Peter Webb

"nicke" wrote in message
oups.com...
G'day all,

I'm looking for photos from Brisbane & Sydney which I can enlarge and
put up as pictura in my appartment. I found two very good websites.
1. http://photosau.com/
2. http://www.photolibrary.com

But these images are all quite expensive.

Does anyone know where I might find similar pics... but for free.

Thanks
Johan

Lots of people take holiday photos and post links in this newsgroup (and
others) to their web based albums. The photos on the web are generally low
resolution, but I bet if you found any you liked, in most cases the original
photographer would be thrilled to find out you wanted a high res version for
your apartment and would happily email you the jpeg.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...hotos&qt _g=1

Is a search in this newsgroup for the word "photo"; many of these are
travellers eager to share their holiday snaps.

Good luck