Sydney Advice

Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:49 AM
Robin Nash

Default Sydney Advice

1. Apartment - check out Goldsborough 2-bedroom Apartments at Darling
Harbour an excellent location if you can stretch to $230.00

http://b2b.hotelclub.net/enter.asp?i...sp%3Fid%3D3598

2. Public Transport - have a look at the Sydney Tourist Pass as mentioned by
Tom and see all its benifits then work out if you can afford it

http://www.affiliate.viator.com/broc...DNEY&AUID=2536

Robin

Thank you so much for your advice..I think I will use the public
transport except to maybe rent a car one day to drive to the
mountains. We are from Colorado so I am not sure whether that is
really time well spent. any opinions? We really just want to soak up
the culture of Australia and see things that are unique to the area..
I am making headway on the apartment.Has anyone heard of the Grantham
apartments or the Woolloomooloo Waters apartments. they are both
situated near Wooloomooloo Bay..Is that a good place to be for walking
and public transportation? We do like the idea of being near the
water and the Botanic Gardens. The York Apartments look good but are
a little pricey...Thank you so much for any added advice....Bev

Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:42 AM
Geoff Lillico

Thank you so much for your advice..I think I will use the public
transport except to maybe rent a car one day to drive to the
mountains. We are from Colorado so I am not sure whether that is
really time well spent. any opinions? We really just want to soak up
the culture of Australia and see things that are unique to the area..
I am making headway on the apartment.Has anyone heard of the Grantham
apartments or the Woolloomooloo Waters apartments. they are both
situated near Wooloomooloo Bay..Is that a good place to be for walking
and public transportation? We do like the idea of being near the
water and the Botanic Gardens. The York Apartments look good but are
a little pricey...Thank you so much for any added advice....Bev

Woolloomooloo is a little out of the way for public transport, particularly
at night. Try Pacific International Apartments
http://www.pacificinthotels.com/apar...ey/default.asp They have a number
of sites in the CBD.

Cheers,

Geoff Lillico

Old March 23rd, 2004, 03:03 PM
Brian Chick

(Bev) wrote in message . com...
(Bev) wrote in message . com...
We are a family of four with 2 teen boys and are planning 5 days in
sydney in august. We plan to see the sights in and around Sydney. We
would like to be at a central locatiion where we could walk to some
things .I need some help with my planning....A few questions...
1. Do you know of a hotel/holiday apartments at a good location that
has at least a kitchenette for our family for under $200 australian?
2. Should I rent a car or is the public transport sufficient?
Thanks in advance for your help....bev

Thank you so much for your advice..I think I will use the public
transport except to maybe rent a car one day to drive to the
mountains. We are from Colorado so I am not sure whether that is
really time well spent. any opinions? We really just want to soak up
the culture of Australia and see things that are unique to the area..
I am making headway on the apartment.Has anyone heard of the Grantham
apartments or the Woolloomooloo Waters apartments. they are both
situated near Wooloomooloo Bay..Is that a good place to be for walking
and public transportation? We do like the idea of being near the
water and the Botanic Gardens. The York Apartments look good but are
a little pricey...Thank you so much for any added advice....Bev

I would also recommend staying at The York Apartments. Our family of 4
(2 young kids) stayed there for 4 nights back at the beginning of
December. We had a 1-bedroom apartment and it was very nice. Full
kitchen, which we used for breakfast each day, as well as in suite
laundry facilities. The pool is also very nice, although in August it
might be a touch cool for the pool. The York is very well located. We
walked to pretty much everything or took public transport. Circular
Quay is a short (5 minute) walk, taxis are easy to get, and there is a
train station about 300M from the hotel. There is also a Coles
(grocery store) in the train station shopping area which is very
convenient if you need food for your breakfasts, etc.

We booked through one of the online discounters and I have to say that
even in December we paid less than $200 AUD/night for the room, so I
would think that perhaps in August you might be able to find an even
better deal. The catch is that you might have to wait until close to
your departure date to get the best deal, which can be a bit nerve
wracking if you usually like to plan far in advance.

Have fun!
Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:30 PM
Alan

On 23 Mar 2004 06:14:00 -0800, (ncurtis) wrote:

(gah, I hope that works)

Hi Nancy.

This may help for the future. Go to
http://tinyurl.com/create.php .
Using that, your blue mountains url becomes http://tinyurl.com/yvlpg .
I keep the "tinyurl" on my personal links toolbar, very useful.

Cheers, Alan

Old March 24th, 2004, 02:25 PM
ncurtis

Alan wrote in message . ..
This may help for the future. Go to http://tinyurl.com/create.php .
Using that, your blue mountains url becomes http://tinyurl.com/yvlpg .
I keep the "tinyurl" on my personal links toolbar, very useful.

Thanks, Alan--I'll keep it in mind.
Nancy
Old March 25th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Ralph R

Raffi Balmanoukian a wrote in message news:BC84D27B.2233F%walkabout@TAKEOUTTHETRASHTORE PLY.ns.sympatico.ca...

"mountain" has a whole new meaning in Australia, versus Colorado standards.
Denver is higher than the highest point in the whole continent!

Raffi...hate to be such a trivia Nazi, but this statement is a bit off
the mark, albeit not by a lot. Denver, the Mile High City is 5280 ft
above sea level. Mt Kosciusko, Australia's highest point, is 7310 ft
high. "Mountains" to Australians are a lot like "mountains" to us US
East Coasters.

Ralph R, CT, USA