cairns & queensland

Old June 24th, 2005, 03:29 PM
M.Guzzi

Default cairns & queensland

Hello everyone,

I posted a few questions here about a month ago asking for some info
about the northern territory, now i'd need some more help for the first
part of my travel!

I'll arrive in cairns on the early morning of august 18th and will
leave from there to darwin in the evening of august 23rd.

First of all I'd like to know what do you suggest to visit/do in such a
short time. I was thinking about spending the first day n cairns and
the surroundings relaxing and getting all the info i need, one day at
the daintree national park, one/two in the atherton tableland and
two/one on some island.

In particulr about this last thing me and my friends are wondering what
might be etter to do, a single day trip or a two day trip sleeping on
some boat but we're afraid it might be very expensive!

What do you think?
have you any suggestion?

thanks a lot, matteo

Old June 25th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Jeff

"M.Guzzi" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Do you wish to hire a car or do day tours?

Old June 27th, 2005, 10:30 AM
M.Guzzi

Jeff ha scritto:

Do you wish to hire a car or do day tours?

it mainly depends on costs, we might hire a car for a couple of days to
reach the places we want to go to... but actually we haven't decided
anything specific yet!

Let's say that we could hire a car 2 days to go to the daintree
national park and visit the surroundings (the rainforest, atherton
tableland, etc...) and afterwards stay in cairns and move to beaches by
bus and make a couple of trips by boat (or one longer..)

What would you do having such a shot time to spend there and not too
much money to spend (i mean we don't want to waste money, if there's
somthing worthy to be done/visit we can spend money...)?

thanks, matteo

Old June 30th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Martin12003 Martin12003 is offline
Member

Location: Herve y Bay Queensland Australia

Here is a link that might give you a few ideas. It has a lot of photos as well. Personally I think you should look at an overnight trip to the Great Barrier Reef they are not as rushed and give you plenty of time to snorkel or dive.
www.ozmagic12.homestead.com

Hope this helps

Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runge
Car hire ABC Integra in the centre of Cairns
Easy parking, easy to get to, good prices and nice people

Old June 30th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Jeff

"M.Guzzi" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jeff ha scritto:

Do you wish to hire a car or do day tours?

it mainly depends on costs, we might hire a car for a couple of days to
reach the places we want to go to... but actually we haven't decided
anything specific yet!

Let's say that we could hire a car 2 days to go to the daintree
national park and visit the surroundings (the rainforest, atherton
tableland, etc...) and afterwards stay in cairns and move to beaches by
bus and make a couple of trips by boat (or one longer..)

What would you do having such a shot time to spend there and not too
much money to spend (i mean we don't want to waste money, if there's
somthing worthy to be done/visit we can spend money...)?

thanks, matteo

Hi Matteo

Below is what I would do, bear in mind that i am more interested in scenery
and nature than the tourist things.

Thursday - Arrive, Explore Cairns, the esplanade, Crystal Cascades well
worth a visit.
Friday - Hire vehicle drive to Palm Cove, Port Douglas and Mossman Gorge
Saturday - Visit Daintree ( suggest you join a 4WD tour for this one)
Sunday - Day trip to the Atherton tableland, waterfalls, lakes etc
Monday - Day trip to Barrier Reef , if you like Resort Islands Green Isl or
Fitzroy Island, if you like wilderness, you will love the Franklands
Islands. http://www.franklandislands.com.au/
Tuesday - Visit Kuranda via scenic railway and / or Skyway

The above would keep you busy! It may be better to plan a round road trip,
staying at different places on your way, with the fist night in Cairns.
Depending on how busy it is, i always find by booking direct with the tour
operators i save lots of bucks.

cheers
Jeff

Old June 30th, 2005, 03:35 PM

Jeff ha scritto:

cheers
Jeff

thanks a lot! i believe your advice will be very helpful!!!
thanks to martin as well!

ciao matteo