Oldest castles in southern Germany?

Old November 24th, 2008, 07:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

Default Oldest castles in southern Germany?

"Hatunen" kirjoitti
om...
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 03:52:34 -0800 (PST), Wiener Sänger
wrote:

I really like visiting castles, the older the better. I plan to visit
Heidelburg, but I'm looking for your suggestions for others to visit in
the area of southern Germany, south of Frankfurt that is, particular in
Bavaria?

I suppose you've been to the usual suspects, like Neuschwanstein and
Hohenschwangau ?

They're far from *old*, being 19th century.

I live in a house built in 20th century (1983).

Old November 24th, 2008, 08:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge13[_2_]

more crap by martin or how to drown a question on topic in useless crap

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:54:40 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

wrote:

I really like visiting castles, the older the better. I plan to visit
Heidelburg, but I'm looking for your suggestions for others to visit
in
the area of southern Germany, south of Frankfurt that is, particular
in
Bavaria?

I suppose you've been to the usual suspects, like Neuschwanstein and
Hohenschwangau ?

They're far from *old*, being 19th century.

Hohenschwangau is older.

Are you the resident harpy?

What do you mean?

I meant harpist - Erilar the expert on old castles in Germany.
--

Martin

Old November 24th, 2008, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_93_]

scRunge13 blabbled:

more crap by martin or how to drown a question on topic in useless crap

"The evil witch in the Big Castle cackled and handed the poisoned apple to
scRunge...would he stay as he is or be turned into an ugli frog...!!!???"

--
Best
Greg

Old November 24th, 2008, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:02:34 +0200, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"Hatunen" kirjoitti
viestissä:mrpli4pdjjsacpaev17e4khij3f6jq99m9@4ax. com...
wrote:

I really like visiting castles, the older the better. I plan to visit
Heidelburg, but I'm looking for your suggestions for others to visit in
the area of southern Germany, south of Frankfurt that is, particular in
Bavaria?

I suppose you've been to the usual suspects, like Neuschwanstein and
Hohenschwangau ?

They're far from *old*, being 19th century.

I live in a house built in 20th century (1983).

Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau weren't.

Old November 25th, 2008, 01:36 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

On 2008-11-24 11:42:43 -0600, Hatunen said:

I suppose you've been to the usual suspects, like Neuschwanstein and
Hohenschwangau ?

They're far from *old*, being 19th century.

Been to both. They OK at least in that they have an awesome setting.

I will go back to Neuschwanstein to at least go around on that pass to
the bridge over the gorge. I see it in the distance the last time I
was there, but somehow I didn't go... guhh, the view must have been
incredible.

--
Dan Stephenson
Photos, movies, panos from the Europe, USA, plus N.Z.:

(remove nospam from email address to reply via email)

Old November 25th, 2008, 01:42 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

On 2008-11-24 14:42:35 -0600, "Gregory Morrow" said:

scRunge13 blabbled:

more crap by martin or how to drown a question on topic in useless crap

"The evil witch in the Big Castle cackled and handed the poisoned apple to
scRunge...would he stay as he is or be turned into an ugli frog...!!!???"

Gregory, replying to this human doesn't serve any purpose other than
circumvent my filter on From.

Please refrain from feeding the troll.

Old November 25th, 2008, 01:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

Old November 25th, 2008, 04:14 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article
,
Wiener Sänger wrote:

I suppose you've been to the usual suspects, like Neuschwanstein and
Hohenschwangau ?

But they are palaces, though Hohenschwangau was at least built on the
base of a real castle.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo*

Old November 25th, 2008, 04:15 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article ,
Hatunen wrote:

wrote:

I really like visiting castles, the older the better. *I plan to visit
Heidelburg, but I'm looking for your suggestions for others to visit in
the area of southern Germany, south of Frankfurt that is, particular in
Bavaria?

I suppose you've been to the usual suspects, like Neuschwanstein and
Hohenschwangau ?

Gawd now you will have her telling us all that they aren't old.

Oh, oh.

The 19th century is not old in Germany.

Old November 25th, 2008, 04:16 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article 2008112419363416807-stephedanospam@maccom,

On 2008-11-24 11:42:43 -0600, Hatunen said:

I suppose you've been to the usual suspects, like Neuschwanstein and
Hohenschwangau ?

They're far from *old*, being 19th century.

Been to both. They OK at least in that they have an awesome setting.

I will go back to Neuschwanstein to at least go around on that pass to
the bridge over the gorge. I see it in the distance the last time I
was there, but somehow I didn't go... guhh, the view must have been
incredible.

Even when you've been through it too many times with students(shudder),
it is a beautiful sight from a distance.