visa question: indian visiting germany

Old May 4th, 2004, 09:37 PM
sachin

Default visa question: indian visiting germany

Am applying for Shengen visa at the german embassy in Washington DC

my stay in the US has expired. I am not overstaying....just waiting for a
pending I-539 and decided not to wait anymore

If i purchase 1-way tickets to Bombay (hometown) via Germany (24 day
stopover), will I be granted a visit visa?

thanks

Old May 4th, 2004, 10:18 PM
mrtravelkay

sachin wrote:

Am applying for Shengen visa at the german embassy in Washington DC

my stay in the US has expired. I am not overstaying....just waiting for a
pending I-539 and decided not to wait anymore

If i purchase 1-way tickets to Bombay (hometown) via Germany (24 day
stopover), will I be granted a visit visa?

I think that would be something best answered by the people that issue
visas. That fact that you qualified for a US visa probably makes you
more qualified then people that haven't, but anything said here would be
just guessing.

Old May 4th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Traveller

"sachin" wrote in message
Am applying for Shengen visa at the german embassy in Washington DC

my stay in the US has expired. I am not overstaying....just waiting for a
pending I-539 and decided not to wait anymore

If i purchase 1-way tickets to Bombay (hometown) via Germany (24 day
stopover), will I be granted a visit visa?

I can't comment on the likelihood of success of your visa application, but I
can advise that you should never purchase tickets for travel to a country
where you require a visa until you are certain that it has been or will be
granted. Alternatively, purchase flexible tickets so that you can change
your trip to a direct connection in Germany.

Old May 6th, 2004, 01:14 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
"sachin" wrote:

Am applying for Shengen visa at the german embassy in Washington DC

my stay in the US has expired. I am not overstaying....just waiting for a
pending I-539 and decided not to wait anymore

If i purchase 1-way tickets to Bombay (hometown) via Germany (24 day
stopover), will I be granted a visit visa?

Call the German embassy in Washington and ask.
Old May 6th, 2004, 06:00 PM
sachin

Am applying for Shengen visa at the german embassy in Washington DC

my stay in the US has expired. I am not overstaying....just waiting for

pending I-539 and decided not to wait anymore

If i purchase 1-way tickets to Bombay (hometown) via Germany (24 day
stopover), will I be granted a visit visa?

Call the German embassy in Washington and ask.

I did...they seemed very nice but said mine was a special case, and I'd have
to apply and find out. They didn't outright say "no", though

Old May 6th, 2004, 06:54 PM
mrtravelkay

sachin wrote:

Am applying for Shengen visa at the german embassy in Washington DC

my stay in the US has expired. I am not overstaying....just waiting for

pending I-539 and decided not to wait anymore

If i purchase 1-way tickets to Bombay (hometown) via Germany (24 day
stopover), will I be granted a visit visa?

Call the German embassy in Washington and ask.

I did...they seemed very nice but said mine was a special case, and I'd have
to apply and find out. They didn't outright say "no", though

So, if the Embassy can't tell you, how can a newsgroup?

Old May 7th, 2004, 12:45 AM
sachin

Call the German embassy in Washington and ask.

I did...they seemed very nice but said mine was a special case, and I'd

have
to apply and find out. They didn't outright say "no", though

So, if the Embassy can't tell you, how can a newsgroup?

experience, and no application fee

Old May 7th, 2004, 12:55 AM
mrtravelkay

sachin wrote:
Call the German embassy in Washington and ask.

I did...they seemed very nice but said mine was a special case, and I'd

have

to apply and find out. They didn't outright say "no", though

So, if the Embassy can't tell you, how can a newsgroup

experience, and no application fee

I don't think the newsgroup would know if the embassy will approve his visa.

Old May 7th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Ulf Kutzner

sachin schrieb:

Am applying for Shengen visa at the german embassy in Washington DC

my stay in the US has expired. I am not overstaying....just waiting for a
pending I-539 and decided not to wait anymore

If i purchase 1-way tickets to Bombay (hometown) via Germany (24 day
stopover), will I be granted a visit visa?

24 days, or hours? 24 hours would be okay for a transit visa that allows
you leaving the airport.

Regards, ULF