Save Jericho!

Old May 30th, 2007, 08:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Save Jericho!

please join me and others to support and save Jericho show, should
this show be wiped out on air? this show offers a perfect portrayal of
modern family. The Save jericho campaign was made to make our voices
louder for CBS to hear us. Check it out and tell your family and
friends. Thank Xavier
http://www.youchoose.net/pledge/save...o/from/xavierr

Old May 30th, 2007, 09:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:
please join me and others to support and save Jericho show, should
this show be wiped out on air? this show offers a perfect portrayal of
modern family. The Save jericho campaign was made to make our voices
louder for CBS to hear us. Check it out and tell your family and
friends. Thank Xavier
http://www.youchoose.net/pledge/save...o/from/xavierr

For non-USAians, the OP refers to an American TV series
about life in the U.S. after an atomic attack, NOT the
Middle-Eastern (Israeli?) city. I wasn't aware it would not
return next season - Perhaps "Jericho" hits a little too
close to home, in these days of Bush fascism? (I like the
show very much, too, but do you think our European posters
even SEE it - why should they care about "saving" it?)
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

wrote:
please join me and others to support and save Jericho show, should
this show be wiped out on air? this show offers a perfect portrayal of
modern family. The Save jericho campaign was made to make our voices
louder for CBS to hear us. Check it out and tell your family and
friends. Thank Xavier
http://www.youchoose.net/pledge/save...o/from/xavierr

For non-USAians, the OP refers to an American TV series
about life in the U.S. after an atomic attack, NOT the
Middle-Eastern (Israeli?) city. I wasn't aware it would not
return next season - Perhaps "Jericho" hits a little too
close to home, in these days of Bush fascism? (I like the
show very much, too, but do you think our European posters
even SEE it - why should they care about "saving" it?)

I haven't seen it, but it's shown in the UK, and tons of other
countries. Remember that European channels completely lap up US TV.
There are very few big shows in the US (albeit some notable exceptions)
that don't make it. Jericho appears to be shown in 18 European countries
FWIW.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
http://www.davidhorne.net - real address on website
Old May 30th, 2007, 10:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Wed, 30 May 2007 13:41:17 -0700,

wrote:
please join me and others to support and save Jericho show, should
this show be wiped out on air? this show offers a perfect portrayal of
modern family. The Save jericho campaign was made to make our voices
louder for CBS to hear us. Check it out and tell your family and
friends. Thank Xavier
http://www.youchoose.net/pledge/save...o/from/xavierr

For non-USAians, the OP refers to an American TV series
about life in the U.S. after an atomic attack, NOT the
Middle-Eastern (Israeli?) city. I wasn't aware it would not
return next season - Perhaps "Jericho" hits a little too
close to home, in these days of Bush fascism?

Or maybe not very many people wish to watch it.

(I like the
show very much, too, but do you think our European posters
even SEE it - why should they care about "saving" it?)

Someone else says it is seen in Europe. I am scratching my head,
though as to how the program shows a perfect portrayal of a
modern family. A post-apocalyptic family, maybe.

Old May 31st, 2007, 12:18 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

On Wed, 30 May 2007 13:41:17 -0700,
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"

please join me and others to support and save Jericho show, should
this show be wiped out on air? this show offers a perfect portrayal of
modern family. The Save jericho campaign was made to make our voices
louder for CBS to hear us. Check it out and tell your family and
friends. Thank Xavier
http://www.youchoose.net/pledge/save...o/from/xavierr

For non-USAians, the OP refers to an American TV series
about life in the U.S. after an atomic attack, NOT the
Middle-Eastern (Israeli?) city. I wasn't aware it would not
return next season - Perhaps "Jericho" hits a little too
close to home, in these days of Bush fascism? (I like the
show very much, too, but do you think our European posters
even SEE it - why should they care about "saving" it?)

It lost any credibility for me halfway through the first
episode; people were not reacting realistically.

I still gave it a try for episode 2. But then gave up. I'm
surprised it finished the first series, let alone be trying
for a second.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Slovenia
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_1_]

wrote:
[...]

"A soap opera leavened with nukes and electro - magnetic pulse..."

A better version of a post - nuclear war America is the 1984 book
_Warday_...

'Course NOTHING can beat the 80's UK movie _Threads_...that can give
you nightmares for a LONG time.

--
Best
Greg

Old May 31st, 2007, 02:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Rog'

"Gregory Morrow" wrote:
A better version of a post-nuclear war America is the 1984 book
_Warday_... 'Course NOTHING can beat the 80's UK movie
_Threads_...that can give you nightmares for a LONG time.

-------------------
Jericho is a thinly-veiled update of SF writer, Pat Frank's 1960
novel, "Alas, Babylon." In its day, the culprit was the USSR, but
his was the same story of the efforts of a small Florida town to
survive the chaos and lawlessness that results. The storylines are
nearly identical.
=Roger=
"Alas, alas... Babylon, for in hour is thy judgment come."
-- Book of Revelations

Old May 31st, 2007, 07:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Alan S wrote:

[...]

Maybe the characters behaved more like they would wish to
than as they'd be likely to in such a situation, but at
least they weren't all feeble-minded, as the characters in
most sit-coms appear to be! When was American TV ever
"realistic"? (And so-called "reality" TV seems even more
related to science-fiction!)
Old May 31st, 2007, 10:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Thu, 31 May 2007 11:08:57 -0700,

Alan S wrote:

[...]

Why would they be? "Jericho" isn't a sitcom...

Old May 31st, 2007, 10:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_1_]

"Gregory Morrow" wrote:
A better version of a post-nuclear war America is the 1984 book
_Warday_... 'Course NOTHING can beat the 80's UK movie
_Threads_...that can give you nightmares for a LONG time.

Jericho is a thinly-veiled update of SF writer, Pat Frank's 1960
novel, "Alas, Babylon." In its day, the culprit was the USSR, but
his was the same story of the efforts of a small Florida town to
survive the chaos and lawlessness that results. The storylines are
nearly identical.

Thanks. I'd forgotten about that book...

--
Best
Greg